I’ve always loved the month of September. Mostly because it’s my birth month, but also because I’ve always loved Fall and Back-to-school season. Even though it only lasts a few weeks, Fall in Wisconsin is beautiful. The leaves changing and that crisp air is always such a relief after the hot, humid summer. So, on this beautiful Fall day (and my actual birthday!!!) I want to share my goals for September 2017.
It’s a pretty special September this year. The twins have headed off to full-day Kindergarten, and even though I’m working more hours at the Dance Studio, I will have a lot of alone time. Time to get things done in the house, time to work on this blog, and time to really focus on my goals. I’m excited for the time, and I’m also excited for the twins. They really did a fantastic job this summer and learned so much. I think they are really going to thrive in school, and I’m so excited to see the changes it brings in them.
So, I have a lot of ideas and hopes for September 2017. But, let’s take a look and see what we got done in the month of August.
- Clean out my closet…FINALLY! Ugh. That bag from ThredUp is still sitting near my closet.
Finish out my Summer Dance ProgramYes! I worked with some absolutely fantastic children this summer. They were so creative and did a beautiful job dancing.
- Make a decision about another possible opportunity I’m honestly still on the fence about this one.
Have an Awesome NICUversary #5Yes!!! You can read about it HERE Have a relaxing and fun family vacationYes! You can read about it HERE and HERE Make sure everyone is ready for school!!!!YES!!! Even though it took 3 DAYS to finally get the bus to pick the boys up, they are doing great with their new routine. They’ve also tried hot lunch, and we’ve been making sure everyone gets to bed early. I’ve also been really good about packing everything the night before, and laying out clothes, so we’re not in a huge rush in the morning.
Get some blog goals/posts/ideas for September when ALL THREE BOYS ARE IN SCHOOL!!!Working on it now!!!
Overall, we had a really great end of the summer as a family. I’m going to share our Summer Bucket list, and a Fall Bucket list soon. Now, onto September!
September 2017 Goals
- Have an awesome Birth
dayMonth! I’ve got something planned for Friday night with my husband, and then with friends next Saturday.
- Find Classes/Schedule for the Gym Many of my favorite classes are not happening this quarter, so I’m either going to have to find new ones or a new gym with more variety
- Stay on Track with eating Being home all day by myself tends to lead to snacking. I need to be mindful of this, and just not do it.
- Enjoy my new Dance Classes I’m teaching older kids this year, so I’m really excited to teach more Ballet technique.
- Clean out that Darn Closet Enough said
- Have an awesome Birth
- Keep working on our School Routine We’ve done great these first few days, but I know I start slacking with prep the night before when I get too comfortable. Can’t let that happen.
- Do some fun, family activities on the weekend Even though I teach on Saturdays, I still want to find time to do things as a family. We have all day Sunday!
- Start thinking about Mr. B’s Birthday Party Class party or family friends? At home or at a location? Decisions. Decisions.
- Write at least one post ahead of time each week
- Post at least twice a week
- Respond to blog emails in a more timely manner
And that’s a wrap! I’m coming for you September!
What goals have you set for yourself this Fall?