With the leaves changing and a chill in the air, it definitely feels like Fall 2017 in Wisconsin.
The leaves are changing, but it is now back in the 80’s. What the heck is going on with the weather?!
Anyways, it is almost “technically” Fall, so it’s time to share our Bucket List for Fall 2017. The criteria? Easy and fun activities that the whole family can enjoy. Also, nothing that breaks the bank.
But, before I share what we’ve got planned, let’s take a look back and see how we did on our Summer Bucket List.
Summer Bucket List 2017
Here’s the list, and how we did:
- Discover and play at new parks starting with a Park Hop Day (spend about 15 minutes at each, and then move to the next!) We did go to a few parks, but never did the Hop
- Take a family bike ride at least once a week Definitely did NOT do this once a week. Maybe a couple of times this summer at most, but the boys rode all the time.
Visit a Splash PadYES!!! Twins’ Club Party! Picnic at the ZooWith Grandpa!
- Go to Bay Beach Amusement Park
- Take a trip to Little America Amusement Park We didn’t make either of these, but we did hit up the Nickelodeon Universe on our Minneapolis Road Trip
Visit our State Capital, MadisonEven though we also had to visit a specialist for Little P, we saw the Capital, and ate at Ella’s Deli with some great friends.
And more from our Summer Bucket List:
Go to a Church FestivalYes! Food. Check. Games. Check. Bouncy Houses. Check. Adult Beverages. Check. Live Music. Check. Great time? Check and Check. Attend one of the many other festivals our city has (Bastille Days, Festa, German Fest, Summerfest, Kidsfest, etc.)We hit Summerfest, Festa Italiana and Kidsfest. Go to one of the traveling beer gardens (beer for the adults, playgrounds for the kids. Win. Win.)We got totally rained on, but had a blast. Sign up for the Summer Reading Program at our Local LibrarySigned up. Completed first week. Never looked at the sheets again. BUT, Mr. B completed the IRunKids Marathon, which included 26 hours/books and 26 miles over the course of the Summer. Have a campfire and make S’moresYes! Go to a few of the Kid Series Movies (only $3!)We only saw one of these, but went to a ton of the $5 Tuesday movies. Cookout a few times a monthOur Grill conked out, so we only got to use it a few time, and then we had to grill inside, which is not as fun. BUT, we also got to grill with friends! Have a board game day when it rainsWe definitely didn’t make a whole day out of it because the attention span of the twins is about as long as Mommy’s fuse. Have an arts, crafts, and dance day or twoWe did a lot of arts and crafts for the twins’ birthday party. We dance all the time.
I think we did a pretty good job! Looking back, we had a lot of fun this summer. Festivals, parades, grilling out with friends, road trips, concerts, parties, birthdays, NICUversaries, summer school, summer dance, backyard camping, zoo trips, park trips, hikes, fireworks, swimming, and biking. I think we kept ourselves pretty busy!
Fall 2017 Bucket List
With our school routine finally falling into place, it’s time to plan for some fun. I’m not going to go crazy, but just find a few things to keep everyone happy.
- Carve a Pumpkin and Roast the Seeds (We have a pumpkin growing in our front garden! It started because we left our pumpkins out waaaay too long last year!)
- Celebrate Mr. B’s 8th Birthday
- Collect some pretty colored leaves and do some type of craft
- Go to an Orchard
- Do a Halloween themed activity
- Take a Fall Family Picture
That’s it. Short and sweet. Simple, yet fun.