Today, I’d like to introduce you to a friend of mine that I’ve met through the blogging world. Her name is Danielle, and she writes a blog called Serene Mom. It’s one of my favorite blogs because she is so honest about motherhood. I can always relate to her posts, and she makes me laugh a lot. If you haven’t checked out her blog, you need to. After you finish reading about her, of course.
I sent Danielle a few questions so we could all get to know her a little better.
1. How long have you been writing/blogging?
I’ve been seriously blogging since April, so 6 months. It feels longer, but I’m such a newbie! I’ve been writing ever since I learned how to form a paragraph in the 5th grade. I love writing, and it’s truly my passion.
2. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is reaching people who my writing actually resonates with. I love when people can laugh or be touched, or agree (even disagree) with what I’m writing. It means people are reading and paying attention.
3. What’s the hardest thing about blogging?
All the promotion that has to be done! It can take up so much time, it feels like a full-time job. So I suppose the hardest thing is building a solid audience.
4. What do you like to do for fun?
Is having alone time a fun thing to do? I’m pretty boring, and I really just love to sit at home, quietly in my room and read or write. That’s it. I’m a simple girl.
5. What’s your favorite thing to do with your kids?
I love playing card games with them. I’ve been using card games to teach them how to follow directions, count, match, take turns, you name it! Board games and card games are so much fun!
6. If you had a whole 24 hours alone, what would you do?
Probably walk in circles randomly fussing at people who weren’t there. Then I’d sleep, shower, and sleep some more. Oh…and eat all the snacks in the house without toddlers reminding me of the beauty of sharing.
7. What is your favorite Holiday?
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday hands down. I love cooking a big meal and seeing my family enjoy it for days afterwards. I love the smells, the laughter, the quality time. Thanksgiving is the best!
8. Do you collect anything?
I currently collect gray hairs. Seriously though, I don’t really collect anything but books. You name a topic, and I probably have a book on it. For some reason researching via a book beats Googling stuff for me.
9. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or a favorite place you’ve ever visited?
I love New Orleans! It has such a colorful atmosphere and I think the food is to die for. Shrimp and grits, jambalaya, gumbo, craw-fish…yum!
10. Besides your own (and Shann Eva’s Blog, of course 😉 ) what are your 3 favorite blogs?
So glad you already named my top 2 favorite blogs 🙂
1. Diapers to Potty– Such a cute blog, that talks about parenting, pregnancy and life and Irion is such a sweetheart.
2. Yannivlovely– I love a blog that has a good mixture of things, and Yannivlovely is perfect. A little parenting, a little financial advice, and a little bit of lifestyle. It’s pretty awesome.
3. The Ham and Cheese of it– I recently found myself visiting Trisha’s blog outside of group threads because she provides great info on her blogging journey and her motherhood journey. It’s really an awesome read.
Now get over and read more from Serene Mom! I think she has a pretty interesting post up today. You can thank me later.