This week has been busy and challenging, but again, I’m trying to focus on the good that happened. I’ve seen this on a few blogs before, so I wanted to try it myself. A way to count what I’m grateful for with numbers.
It will be less confusing once I start. I promise!
Let’s get right to the numbers.
What I’m Grateful for by the Numbers
- 5 days of workouts.
- Two hours of hanging out with my kids at school.
- 64 ounces of water almost every day!
- Seven mindless hours of TV thanks to the new episodes of The Royals and The Bachelor.
- 6 minutes of a hot shower alone. It would have been longer, but the hot water ran out!
- One and a half hours of a nap after the boys woke and kept me up the night before.
- 1 Day of Sunshine.
- 53 degrees on Thursday morning, which is crazy considering it was below zero last week!
- 183 calories of Dove Dark Chocolate Hearts for dessert the other night. Yes, I counted them out and did the math.
- Two or Three Glasses of Wine I will be having on Saturday night. Just because. And it might be Four!
- 2 posts published this week, including 1 about a 1 lb 1.3 oz Miracle.
- Twenty gallons of coffee to get me through the week. No, that is not accurate math.
- Zero dollars spent on non-necessities. Gotta pay off those Christmas bills!
And those are the numbers that made me grateful during a hectic week. Why hectic? Well, here are a few of those numbers:
- 5 full days of school with 15 forced breakfasts, 12 packed lunches, and 1 anxious child.
- 2 extra hours of work.
- Three swimming lessons.
- 20 million loads of laundry. Not that much of an exaggeration.
- 4 trips to the grocery store. Why do I always forget something?!
- One broken drawer.
- 3 leaky water bottles. These have taken the place of leaky sippy cups, but still just as irritating.
- Two computer shut-downs while trying to type up this post.
And that’s where I’ll end it!
How was your week? What were you grateful for? Do you have any good water bottle suggestions for me?
Jordan | Read. Eat. Repeat. says
This is such a great idea! Maybe I’ll do a post like this soon. Or maybe I’ll just write it in my bullet journal.
Lisa Thomson says
What a super busy mom! I remember those days and it’s fun to visit here and be reminded. I love your number crunching! Have a great weekend, Shann Eva 🙂
Beth Kondrick says
I LOVE this post, what a neat way to count your blessings and the things you are grateful for! So unique and so fun! And I hear you on the 20 million loads of laundry. I have just as much even with my small family, ha! Enjoy those 3, maybe 4 glasses of wine mama, you deserve it!
Kimberly M says
We had a “heat wave” too! I actually wore a puffer jacket and no mittens yesterday. I think we were in the 50’s which is so odd since we had actually frostbite warnings on the weekend. So weird. But today we have freezing rain and snow on the way. UGH! It was good while it lasted.
I think getting in all that water is awesome! I really need to get on that. I drink so much tea that I know I lose more water.
I hear you on the laundry – oy!
ANd the bills. I have not received one bill in the mail yet and I don’t want to! EEEKS!
ENjoy those glasses of wine this weekend!
Karin Usipuik says
I love this perspective! What a fun way to look at the busy days of motherhood:)
Oh, I love these posts. It felt SO nice out yesterday, but today it’s not rainy/freezing and it’s supposed to start snowing late. LOL I really like the S’well water bottles. They are a bit pricey (the medium-ish size is about $25 I think?) but it keeps my water cold all day and I just love the different designs, etc.
Azia Ellis-Singleton says
That 53 degree weather was a Godsend until the freezing rain had me scraping 3 mm of ice off my car at 7am. HA.
shelah moss says
It’s good to be grateful. I am grateful for the four cups of coffee I have had today. The three bad puns that my father-in-law told me in his email, the two hours I had between clients to catch up on some stuff, and always, always grateful for my one and only child.
Shann Eva says
Awe. Love it Shelah!
Lindsay @ The Flynnigans says
I’m so behind!! I blame it on being sick and just trying to barely function. I can relate with the laundry because I had done nine loads from Saturday to Wednesday! My poor hubby is so sick and is/has been sweating through everything.
I hope your week was good love! Now it’s happy Friday again. 🙂
Shann Eva says
No worries. I’ve been sick and sweating thru everything too. I hope you’re feeling better. I’m finally starting to feel a little human again. XO