As you read yesterday, the week has been a little rough. Instead of focusing on that, I’m sharing some summer happiness on this first official Friday of the season. Just a few things that made the week a little better and made us all smile. Hopefully, they’ll make you smile too.
Here, in no particular order, are 10 reasons for summer happiness this Friday.
Top 10 of the Week
- Week 1 of summer school is DONE and Mr. B had fun! He learned about the 3 types of rocks (who knew there were 3?) made an astronaut helmet, and, hopefully, became a little more coordinated in his sports class. Plus, he made it to all three of his classes without getting lost (much,) and ate his snacks (mostly.)
- 2 Great Workouts at the Gym (my energy is back, and I’m hoping for number 3 today!)
- Bike rides with Mr. B. (He’s doing so great without training wheels, and really loving riding. Hooray!)
- Gorgeous flowers blooming around our yard.
- Mindless (The Bachelorette) and not so mindless (Orange is the New Black) TV
- Warm summer weather and no severe thunderstorms (that were predicted.)
- Raising awareness for Veterans with PTSD. (You can watch my first day of the Challenge HERE 21 Days to go!)
- Cooking dinner for my family with recipes from the Whole30 (I promise those recipes are coming next week!)
- Playing at the playground waiting for Mr. B to get off the bus.
- Being able to shower, wash hands, do dishes, do laundry, and flush the toilet. (I never thought I would be thankful for laundry or dishes, but no running water will do that for you. Thank you to our fabulous plumber!!!!)
OK. That taking that first shower was probably the highlight of my week. It was wonderful.
I hope you had a good week, and take a look back at all the good. Plus, it’s Friday, so the weekend is just around the corner. What do you have planned? How’s your summer been treating you so far?