As you read yesterday, the week has been a little rough. Instead of focusing on that, I’m sharing some summer happiness on this first official Friday of the season. Just a few things that made the week a little better and made us all smile. Hopefully, they’ll make you smile too.
Here, in no particular order, are 10 reasons for summer happiness this Friday.
Top 10 of the Week
- Week 1 of summer school is DONE and Mr. B had fun! He learned about the 3 types of rocks (who knew there were 3?) made an astronaut helmet, and, hopefully, became a little more coordinated in his sports class. Plus, he made it to all three of his classes without getting lost (much,) and ate his snacks (mostly.)
- 2 Great Workouts at the Gym (my energy is back, and I’m hoping for number 3 today!)
- Bike rides with Mr. B. (He’s doing so great without training wheels, and really loving riding. Hooray!)
- Gorgeous flowers blooming around our yard.
- Mindless (The Bachelorette) and not so mindless (Orange is the New Black) TV
- Warm summer weather and no severe thunderstorms (that were predicted.)
- Raising awareness for Veterans with PTSD. (You can watch my first day of the Challenge HERE 21 Days to go!)
- Cooking dinner for my family with recipes from the Whole30 (I promise those recipes are coming next week!)
- Playing at the playground waiting for Mr. B to get off the bus.
- Being able to shower, wash hands, do dishes, do laundry, and flush the toilet. (I never thought I would be thankful for laundry or dishes, but no running water will do that for you. Thank you to our fabulous plumber!!!!)
OK. That taking that first shower was probably the highlight of my week. It was wonderful.
I hope you had a good week, and take a look back at all the good. Plus, it’s Friday, so the weekend is just around the corner. What do you have planned? How’s your summer been treating you so far?
Yay love all the positivity here! Have a great weekend 🙂
Mr.B is such a cutie and your flowers looks amazing.
Trish at Birdhouse Books says
I’m so glad that Mr. B is enjoying summer school – and what cute pics!! The flowers growing in your yard are just beautiful, and so is your photography. Hope you have a great weekend!
Sorry you had a hard week 🙁 At least you’re looking at the positive things–that’s a great step to turning the corner! Our summer is good but busy Busy BUSY. I *thought* we’d have some down time, but noooo…I had to go and overschedule, like usual….
Chrissa - Physical Kitchness says
So cute. Great list! We just moved to a new house so I’m on the hunt for playgrounds near by! Can’t wait for your Whole30 recipes!
Kristin Longacre says
I’m so behind on bachelorette! I need to catch up!
Mostly Simple Life says
I love your flowers! So pretty!
Rebecca @ Happily the Hicks says
I love that you focused on the positives and not just the negatives. It’s so easy to fall into that trap. And the flowers are gorgeous!! I wish I was good enough with flowers to be able to grow them. I look at plants and they die haha.
Alix Maza says
Raising awareness for PTSD is so important!
Alix | http://www.apintsizedlife.com
Lora @ Craftivity Designs says
Your flowers looks great! Those purple ones, especially! Sounds like you had a great week 🙂
Ashley LaMar says
Sounds like y’all are off to a great start to summer! Enjoy your time together.
Angie @chasingmyhalo.com says
Just.Keep.Swimming Shann! I pray your next week is a lot better!!!! xo
Hannah Stein says
Those flowers are all so pretty! And man, I can’t even imagine what it must have been like to be without water!! Thank goodness for the plumber!
Lindsay // The Flynnigans says
I’m glad you got your plumbing woes fixed. With a young family and no running water that screams CRISIS!
Your flowers are gorgeous Hun! Really. 🙂
Sounds like good week and I’m sure you’ve had a good weekend too!
Take care love!