10 Happy Things
Happy things have been a little hard to find this week. I’ve had a rough few days, but I’m pushing through. So, I thought this was the perfect time to link up with Krysten, of Why Girls are Weird, Lindsay, of The Flynnigans, and Charlotte, of My Pixie Blog, for their Happy Friday Link Up.
So, here are my 10 happy things:
- Three little ones that finished their breakfast for the first time all week. Hooray!
- Mr. B having a clean room. Even though it took a lot of nagging, and some help, you can actually walk through his room and see his new, cool rug. See above for said rug.
- TV. Even though I was sad that I finished Season three of Orphan Black, I was happy to discover they just added Season three of House of Lies to Amazon. I love Kristin Bell.
- Mixed Berry Whipped Cream Cheese. Have you tried this stuff? I could eat it by the spoonful (which I don’t. I promise!) It tastes delicious on toasted 100 calorie flatbreads, and it’s only 50 calories and 4 grams of sugar per serving (which is more than enough to cover an entire flatbread!)
- Sunshine. This really should be number one, but finally we’re having some nice weather. No more snow! Well, at least for the next couple days.
- Story time. Grandma and Grandpa took the twins to story time at the library, and they did a great job listening. This makes up for them not listening to anything I say at home. Not really, but this is a happy list.
- New blonde streaks. To cover the mass amounts of grey that seem to be coming in. I’m sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the not listening or the potty training.
- Advil and a tennis ball. Technically, this is more than one thing, but they both are helping me deal with really bad back pain. I’m not sure what’s going on, but it’s been particularly sore this week. I’m sure stress has nothing to do with it.
- Hollar. Have you heard of this site yet? You know how much I love a good deal, and saving money, well, it’s awesome. Everything is super cheap, like $2 cheap. They have everything from Kid’s toys to Makeup to Household items! Your first $10 purchase qualifies for free shipping, and if you use my link, you get a $2 credit (and I will too!) Plus, shipping is free on any $25 order after that. I’m a little afraid this might become my new favorite site. Just click HERE to check it out. I’m not an affiliate or anything, but will get a $2 credit if you sign up thru my link.
- 2 weeks Until the March for Babies. Which means two weeks to raise as much money as we can to give babies a healthier start in life. I’m also happy and grateful to everyone who has already donated and/or is going to walk with us. (you can still donate or sign up at https://www.marchforbabies.org/shanneva) We’re going to order our t-shirts and sweatshirts soon, and I’m going to reveal this year’s theme next week right here…so stay tuned.
I hope you had a great week, and have an even better weekend. Any fun plans?
Dominique Garcia says
Always a celebration when kiddos finish their food!! Happy Friday!!
I’ve never heard of Holler, thanks so much for sharing! Looks like you got some great finds 🙂
Mixed berry whipped cream cheese?! That just sounds amazing. Yum!!
I’m sorry to hear it’s been a not-so-great week. Those are the times when I find reflecting on the positives (like you did here) helps me immensely. You have a wonderful outlook on life and I’m hoping that better days are ahead, my friend. XOXO
Penny @ pennyspassion.blogspot says
That website is new to me. Thanks for bringing it up — I’m checking it out immediately!
Potty Training is a life sucker. I absolutely understand why you had a rough past days. I feel your pain … we started last Saturday. It sure is a progress and I will for sure go celebrate once it’s all over and done with!
Chrissa - Physical Kitchness says
Story time is FINALLY becoming an enjoyable experience for us. I used to try and bring my son and he’d never sit and listen, just want to make a mess out of the books. It was so frustrating. Now he will watch and pay attention (most days). Hallelujah!
Logan Cantrell says
Yay for a clean room and new hair! Some weeks, all you can do is focus on the positive and push through. I’m sorry you’ve had a rough week! Here’s to hoping next week s much better!
I have totally dropped the ball on raising money for the March of Dimes this year and I feel totally horrible about it. We’ve done so well the last couple of years. I think I just got burnt out on it this year.
Justine Y says
I’m sorry you’ve had a rough week and I hope your weekend is better! Yay for clean rooms! I always feel so much better with clean spaces, but also I feel like my kids do so much better when they’re not living in chaos!
And that cream cheese sounds so good I love cream cheese but I rarely buy it because my husband is not a fan (he’s a weirdo) and I’m cutting back on crabs so if I can’t slather it on a bagel then it just sits in my fridge, all sad. 🙁
I’ve never heard of that holla website, but I am definitely checking it out!! Happy Weekend!
I second the shout out for sunshine! Can’t wait to spend some time outside this weekend and maybe plant some daffodils! And that rug is super cute!
Lindsay // The Flynnigans says
Hey girlfriend, How are you? I’ve had a stressful/rotten week too, although for different reasons than you. I’ve started to learn how to drive stick and that’s frustrating/stressful. I’m dealing with whip lash and physiotherapy and a couple of days of the week where I’m in agony (like today), paperwork from insurance AND I started an intensive group therapy this week and that’s emotionally exhausting.
I’m glad that even though you’ve been better, you can still highlight the happy or grateful moments. Advil and a lacrosse ball have been my friend all week and it hurts/feels so good.
I hope you have a great weekend girl. xoxx
Katie Brooks says
Isn’t it the best when your kids finish their meals??!! My daughter ate an amazing dinner last night and I was so excited! I haven’t checked out that site but it looks like there is some good deals!
Angie @chasingmyhalo.com says
I’m sorry you’ve been having a rough time Shann :(. It seems like everything comes in clusters. Looks like you still found a lot of good, it’s amazing how sunny weather can lift up moods too! What is up with the grays? I was looking at a picture lately and didn’t realize I had so many? Where are they coming from?! Argh. Thank goodness for highlights…and filters 😉 hehe. Have a great weekend!
Heather Gullett Denniston says
I wish you luck with your non profit work! Also, being a chiropractor, I have to ask, have you tried one? I can find you a good one in your area if you like. xo
Kimberly Cox says
So many great things to be happy for. That website looks awesome, and I think a clean room is AMAZING <3 Thanks for sharing <3
Cindy @HometownQueenBee says
Yes, the sunshine has been wonderful! Nothing like a boost of vitamin D to get ya feeling good!! Also, I had to laugh at the Advil and tennis ball one….as someone with chronic severe back pain, I have tried the whole tennis ball thing too lol.
Alyssa Kolsky Hertzig says
i love your idea of listing your happy things! 🙂 such a fun, positive read! (and the berry cream cheese sounds SO yum.)