It’s been another long week. We’re still getting the hang of this school thing, plus we’ve added some activities in the mix and a cold/allergies for mommy. But instead of focusing on the frustration I’m feeling from having to take the kids to school AGAIN (Did I mention the bus missed our neighborhood again this morning?!) and missing my workout, I’m going to look back at the 10 things that made me happy.
I’ll also be linking this post up with my friends over at The Peaceful Posse, who celebrate the Happy every Friday. You can visit Beth, Charlotte, and Lindsay to read about a lot more good stuff happening this week with their What’s Up, Weekend link-up.
1. My belated birthday present from my husband. See above. Hello Kitty just makes me smile.
2. A fabulous birthday dinner wtih some pretty awesome friends. 2 even drove all the way from Madison.
3. Many, many birthday drinks. The Rubypolitin and Cucumber/Mint Margaretas were amazing. From what I remember.
4. Dancing. Teaching. Taking classes. Watching it. All of it makes me very happy.
5. Group Exercise Class. The music, the sweat, and the teachers keep me motivated. I love feeling strong. Even with a cold, I pushed through.
6. Sunshine. I don’t think WI realizes it’s Fall yet.
7. A Happy Mr. B. He lost his second tooth, and got his first Cub Scout Award pin.
8. School review with Big C and Little P. They were each able to “read” me a book they made in school. Even if it was memorized, I was super impressed. Then, we got a book with all their classmates in it. It was so fun to hear them say each name, and see who is in their class.
9. Chai Tea and Green Tea Lattes. Made at home with a little Cashew Milk and Stevia.
10. Daytime TV. How I’ve missed Hoda and Kathy Lee, Wendy, Rachel, Dr. Phil, and Dr. Oz. I almost can jump right back into General Hospital after 7 years. Almost. I honestly don’t even like any of the shows, but it’s so much better than having cartoons on. Heck, it’s just nice to have the remote during daylight hours.
And there’s more
I actually feel pretty accomplished this week, in comparison to last week. I made dinner, I got a lot of laundry done, and finalized Mr. B’s birthday plans. The kids were ready for school super early every morning, and they are getting a little better when they get home. A little.
I also want to thank everyone again for making me feel so loved and special during my birth
daymonth. I got wonderful Facebook messages, a surprise in the mail from an old friend, and 2 very thoughtful gifts from my boss. I also had such a wonderful time having dinner and drinks with friends. I haven’t laughed that much in a long time. So, Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. If it’s any indication, this is going to be a great year!
So, how was your week? What made you happy?
Beth Kondrick says
Your new bag is so cute! That would make me smile too! And so does your little Boy Scout! I can’t wait until Ollie can join the scouts! I’m glad you had a good week!
I’m glad you had such a great birthday month! You deserve to be celebrated. That purse is too cute – your husband did a good job. 🙂
Eli J. Pacheco says
Among three games, we had a huge win and impressive tie to show for a tough week. That made me smile. I think I should follow your lead and reach for a margarita to celebrate.
Shann Eva says
Jenny Rodriguez says
I loved reading this! Hello Kitty makes me really happy too!
Leslie Nichole says
Yay! I’m glad ya had a great birthday month. I don’t know what it is about a school bus missing stops but I’ve overheard a lot of complaints around here too. NC definitely doesn’t realize it’s fall yet because it was 108° today, grrr! I hope your allergies and cold clear up soon.
Awww, I’m so glad to hear that you had a wonderful birthday (month!) and that you were able to celebrate with old friends. And OMG, is that a Hello Kitty purse?! LOVE! Very thoughtful man you have right there 🙂
And good on you for self-love and doing things for you. Like daytime TV (OMG, I love Wendy. Don’t get to watch her either, but she always makes me giggle) and Kathy Lee and Hoda–they’re adorable.
Hope you have a lovely weekend, my sweet! XOXO and so great to see the kids doing so well in school (sending fairy dust your way that your bus driver doesn’t miss your stop next week!).
Shann Eva says
It worked! It came and was ON TIME!!! Thanks lovely lady!
Glad you had a wonderful birthday! Hello Kitty is awesome.
Lol at birthday drinks comment 🙂
Sounds like the school review went well.
Hope your cold/allergies get better and you have a great weekend.
Crystal @ Dreams, etc. says
So glad you had a wonderful birthday! That’s always so much fun.
I used to watch General Hospital all the time! I loved that show so much! 😂
Lindsay @ The Flynnigans says
That bag is so cute and so sweet of your hubby. I agree, birthdays must be celebrated over the entire month, not just the day. 🙂
You know I love me some group ex classes. I used to hate them maybe ten years ago had you asked me but these days, that’s all I do. If I do my own thing at the gym, I tend to get ADD very easily and wander aimlessly, and I just don’t feel like I’m getting a good workout in.
Have you watched DWS this year? The cast looks good but I must admit, I’ve yet to tune in.
Really great to hear that the boys are doing well and had good reviews. Sounds like your week overall was pretty damn good, girl.
We’re still hotter than hell here but I’m embracing it. It’s supposed to cool off Thursday/Friday so I’m relishing in it before the cold comes in. 🙂
Have a great week babes! xo
That Hello Kitty tote is so cute!