It’s been another long week. We’re still getting the hang of this school thing, plus we’ve added some activities in the mix and a cold/allergies for mommy. But instead of focusing on the frustration I’m feeling from having to take the kids to school AGAIN (Did I mention the bus missed our neighborhood again this morning?!) and missing my workout, I’m going to look back at the 10 things that made me happy.
I’ll also be linking this post up with my friends over at The Peaceful Posse, who celebrate the Happy every Friday. You can visit Beth, Charlotte, and Lindsay to read about a lot more good stuff happening this week with their What’s Up, Weekend link-up.
1. My belated birthday present from my husband. See above. Hello Kitty just makes me smile.
2. A fabulous birthday dinner wtih some pretty awesome friends. 2 even drove all the way from Madison.
3. Many, many birthday drinks. The Rubypolitin and Cucumber/Mint Margaretas were amazing. From what I remember.
4. Dancing. Teaching. Taking classes. Watching it. All of it makes me very happy.
5. Group Exercise Class. The music, the sweat, and the teachers keep me motivated. I love feeling strong. Even with a cold, I pushed through.
6. Sunshine. I don’t think WI realizes it’s Fall yet.
7. A Happy Mr. B. He lost his second tooth, and got his first Cub Scout Award pin.
8. School review with Big C and Little P. They were each able to “read” me a book they made in school. Even if it was memorized, I was super impressed. Then, we got a book with all their classmates in it. It was so fun to hear them say each name, and see who is in their class.
9. Chai Tea and Green Tea Lattes. Made at home with a little Cashew Milk and Stevia.
10. Daytime TV. How I’ve missed Hoda and Kathy Lee, Wendy, Rachel, Dr. Phil, and Dr. Oz. I almost can jump right back into General Hospital after 7 years. Almost. I honestly don’t even like any of the shows, but it’s so much better than having cartoons on. Heck, it’s just nice to have the remote during daylight hours.
And there’s more
I actually feel pretty accomplished this week, in comparison to last week. I made dinner, I got a lot of laundry done, and finalized Mr. B’s birthday plans. The kids were ready for school super early every morning, and they are getting a little better when they get home. A little.
I also want to thank everyone again for making me feel so loved and special during my birth
daymonth. I got wonderful Facebook messages, a surprise in the mail from an old friend, and 2 very thoughtful gifts from my boss. I also had such a wonderful time having dinner and drinks with friends. I haven’t laughed that much in a long time. So, Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. If it’s any indication, this is going to be a great year!
So, how was your week? What made you happy?