No. I am in no way ready for it to be December 2016.
It seems like we were just setting up our Christmas trees (yes, I said trees!) for Christmas 2015. Where has the last year went? They just keep going by faster and faster.
But, there’s no way to stop, or even slow down time. So, it’s on to setting some goals for December 2016.
First, here’s a look back at November…
I tried to keep it simple for November. I’m happy to report that I did meet a lot of my goals.
- Remember/Be on time to all appointments, activities, and meetings. Yes! Flu shots done for everyone except the husband. Mr. B’s 7-year-old wellness visit complete. Twins’ Club meeting attended.
- Workout at least 3 times a week. I only got 2 workouts in the week of Thanksgiving, but the rest I worked out either 3 or 4 times, so I’ll give myself a half credit.
- Start planning for the holidays. Secret Santa gifts done, Thanksgiving done, and a good chunk of Christmas gifts done.
- Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Yes! I didn’t stress nearly as much as I usually do. That was a big win for me.
- Work on Behavior It’s been No Yell November, and it’s only going OK. There has been LESS yelling, but there has been some. And it’s been pretty well-deserved. They should definitely call them the Frustrating Fours.
So, I’d say with how busy November was, I think we did pretty good.
On to December…
Again, it’s a holiday month, and a busy one too, so goals are going to be simple and helpful to me.
- Complete the blog posts I mentioned HERE
- Continue working on behavior with the boys and finding alternatives to yelling
- Stress Less about everything
- Spread Awareness on World TTTS Day (December 7th)
- Get together with friends
- Have a date night
- Enjoy Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
That’s it! While I got a lot done in November, I had a few rough patches. I’m going to try to get in a better place with my mood and attitude so I can enjoy the holidays with my family.
What do you have planned this month?
Courtney Patterson says
Working on alternatives to yelling is a big YES for me too these days. My patience has been slim to none lately so I’m really trying to not let it overtake me. Great list!
Hi Shann!!!! I love you goal, be less stressed. Easier said than done, right?? God, I feel like my anxiety has been at an all time high lately. I keep feeling guilt over the littlest things, like not working out, and not cooking healthy meals. I think my goal for Dec. is to just remember “I am enough.”
Shann Eva says
That is an awesome goal, Chelsea. I need to remember that too.
Becky @Disney in your Day says
Sounds like a good November! I also want to workout 3x a week but I haven’t been as good about it… but because I’m training for a marathon some of the days I did run were 20+ miles so I feel like that should count extra 😉
Julie S. says
Great goals update. Behavior issues with my kiddo are on my list too. Would love for you to link this up to Gratitude and Goals 🙂
Penny @ pennyspassion.blogspot says
Good luck with your December goals. I think my goal for December is to enjoy (and survive) the holidays! lol
You did amazing on your goals last month! You deserve full credit for working out! I did not work out at all Thanksgiving week. Yah to not stressing as much over things. I have been working on that as well. It’s just not worth it at times. Date nights are always fun. Good luck with your goals this month!!
Shann Eva says
Awe. Thanks Mistle!
Lady Lilith says
Lol. I can also use with a little more time management as well.
Kusum @sveetesKapes says
your goals are always so inspiring! Great job on the workouts, Thanksgiving week doesn’t technically count haha 😉 Good luck with your December goals.
xx, Kusum | http://www.sveeteskapes.com