Normally, I marvel at just how fast the month has gone by. Well, not January. It seemed like the longest month ever! With multiple bouts of sickness, snow days, and the Polar Vortex, February 2019 couldn’t come fast enough.
After returning back to school from Christmas break for one day, I had a kiddo home sick the next. It ran through our entire house, cancelling plans and ruining our routine.
When we finally all felt better, the weather decided to take a crazy turn. First we had a ton of snow, then it turned bitterly cold.
Who knew it could actually be -50 degrees with a wind chill?!?!
I think even the kids were ready to go back to school after all that.
OK. Not really, but a mom can dream, right?
So, even though January lasted way too long, I still couldn’t find the time to get a lot done. I’m not going to be too hard on myself, though, because health and weather are out of my control.
I’m just grateful that we all made it through!
Here’s a look at what happened.
- Complete the 30 Day Yoga Challenge. Ugh. I started strong, but then I also got sick myself. I’m sad to say I never jumped back in.
Stop unnecessary spending.This time the sickness worked in my favor. I was even too sick to do online shopping!
- Clean out my closet. On the list until it happens. I am halfway done.
- Work on solutions to fighting/arguing without yelling. I have been a lot better about yelling, however, the arguing and fighting between the kids was nuts. I think sickness followed by days trapped in the house did not help.
- Have an adult date night and
a family date night.Even though I missed my MKE Moms Party and my husband’s work party, we still had two family date days. We saw Wreck It Ralph Breaks the Internet at the theater, and we also went to a birthday party. Make it to all scheduled events.All the ones that weren’t cancelled due to weather or sickness!
Find new doctors for the entire family.Luckily, yes! It took over 3 hours on the phone with our insurance, but I’m hopeful all our new doctors will work out.
- Keep eating healthy and no snacking after 8pm. I started off strong with this one, but it all went downhill with the kids being home so much.
Keep working out at the gym.For my own mental health, I always make it to the gym….except on those snow days. We did some family workouts instead.
- Take at least 10,000 steps 5 days a week. This has been a bigger challenge than I expected. A post is coming soon.
Write moreYes! I submitted a post to MKE Moms Blog, Graham’s Foundation, and wrote some posts here too. I finally shared the Twins’ NICUversary, the first part of our California trip, and our visit to Citywalk, and our trip to Universal Studios.
- Stretch every day Nope
Bring energy, creativity, and magic to my dance classesYes! I’ve been working hard to keep the energy up and come up with new ways to engage with my dancers.
While it wasn’t exactly the month I had planned, I’m thankful for the things we did get to enjoy. I’m also very happy that the kids are all healthy…and back in school!
Now, let’s move to February 2019!
February 2019 Goals
- Finish cleaning out my closet.
- Send in a couple of boxes to Thred Up. They no longer send free bags, so I’m on the hunt for some good boxes. I really should just pay the $1.99 for them to send me a bag, but I’m trying to save every penny I can.
- Have some girl time. I do have a twin mom club event coming up, and my book club is on my calendar. I’d like to go to a Galentine’s event that’s coming up too.
- Keep working on our basement. My husband cleared out a bunch of stuff to make Mr. B a Lego building space, and I started moving some of the twins’ toys into another part. I’m hoping to have it all set up, so they can play and have friends over down there. We just have a lot of old toys/clothes/junk to still sort through.
- Have both an adult date and a family date.
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day!
- Get more sleep. I’ve fallen back into the habit of staying up way too late.
- Drink more water. I’m great about it around my workouts, but not at any other time of the day.
- Get those 10,000 steps a day.
- Complete my dance student evaluations
- Write even more
- Stretch more and practice for our performance piece
I think that should keep us all busy for the month. Fingers crossed for mild weather and good health for everyone!
What do you have planned this month?