With my baby starting KINDERGARTEN on Tuesday, I thought I would share some of his favorite things right now…and some of my favorite things about him. I really still can’t believe he’s going to be in school all day. I know you’re sick of me saying this. I’m sick of me saying this, but I think I will be in denial until he gets on that bus early Tuesday morning.
While the twins were napping yesterday, I came up with the idea for us to work on a project where he could draw/write some of his favorites. He loves to draw, and I figured we’d get a little one-on-one time too.
So, yesterday I asked him about his favorites, then today we worked on this poster. I think it turned out pretty good. He drew everything, and wrote a lot of the words too. I just added a few of the titles. He’s such a little artist, and I’m just so proud of him. (PS. He gets most of his artistic talent from his Dad.)
Here are some of my questions, his answers, and some additional info.
- What’s your favorite food? Apples Really? Yeah mom, I really like them. OK. I’ll just ignore that little eye roll.
- Favorite drink? Milk. Seriously, this kid likes his milk. We need to invest in buying a cow for him and his brothers.
- Favorite color? Blue This surprised me a bit since he used to be all about Red and Green. Now, his brother likes Red, so I think that’s why we’ve moved on.
- Favorite animal? Giraffe. I like their tall heads so they can see super high. Cool. Me too.
- Favorite TV show? Star Wars. Wait, that’s a movie. I like Garfield. Let me just tell you this kid loves watching TV and movies. That, of course, he gets from me.
- Favorite place to go? The Pool.
- Favorite Vacation spot? London. We’ve never been to London. I love the giant clock tower.How about one of the other places we’ve been recently…Green Bay to see Thomas, Ohio for the Twin Convention, Chicago? What Twin Convention? Remember, last summer? All those twins? I liked Chicago. I liked the aquarium and watching the trains.
- Favorite thing to play with? Legos! This I can totally vouch for. I step on them daily.
- Favorite game? Sequence
- Favorite thing to draw? Buildings. And Trees. What are your favorite trees? Palm trees and Truffula trees (from The Lorax.)
My oldest is still definitely my cuddliest child, which most of the time I love. He often sneaks into our bed in the middle of the night, must go to sleep with two lights on, and talks non-stop. It’s usually a struggle to get him to sit down and eat anything, he loves home improvement stores like his dad, and draws with his left hand. He has a terrific imagination, is super creative, and used to hum all the time. He still sings a lot. He’s not the most coordinated, he doesn’t like to ride his bike because the training wheels are “wobbly,” and he hates washing his hands.
I think my favorite thing is when he says, “Mom?”
We can be in the car, watching TV, taking a walk, in a store, or even in the middle of when he’s playing in the other room.
“I love you.”