The day has arrived. As of 9 am this morning, I have joined the club. I am forty.
Wow. That feels really weird to say. I mean I know I rarely get carded anymore, being in my pajamas on Saturday nights by 10 pm (Ok. 7pm. Who am I kidding?) is perfectly wonderful, and I have three kids, but forty still doesn’t seem real.
However, as I’ve gotten older, I’m learning to embrace each year and be more thankful. No need to hide my age, even though I will probably always hide those grey hairs.
So, in honor of my 40th birthday, here are 40 random facts/likes/words about yours truly.
1. I’m a Virgo.
2. I consider chocolate a food group.
3. My hair was white blonde as a kid. It’s gotten darker and darker with each of my pregnancies, and now is naturally dark brown.
4. I’ve had Red, Burgundy, Brown, Black, and Green hair, in addition to my blonde streaks I have right now. One of those was for Halloween.
5. I also love wearing wigs, and have a ton of them.
6. I love all things Hello Kitty and Paul Frank.
7. I’ve lived in 5 different States.
8. My undergrad degree is in Dance (BFA) from the University of Arizona (Go Wildcats!)
9. My graduate Degree is in Business (MBA) from Marquette (Go Golden Eagles!)
10. Target is one of my favorite stores, and I was a manager there for a short while.
11. I got rid of every pair of Khaki pants and every red shirt I owned after I quit. (dress code)
12. I collect Itty Bittys, those dogs from Victoria’s Secret, and Peanuts stuff.
13. I can french braid and do a cartwheel.
14. I’ve never baked a cake from scratch.
15. I’ve never really baked anything from scratch.
16. I am not a cheap date. (High alcohol tolerance. Hello! I live in WI.)
17. The Lemonheads are one of my all time favorite bands.
18. I’ve met the lead singer a couple of times, as he usually watches his opening bands with the audience.
19. I love going to music concerts, dance shows, and theater performances.
20. I’m going to a concert tonight for my birthday.
21. I’ve thrown my husband 2 surprise birthday parties.
22. I love party planning.
23. I don’t always love the actual party. I get stressed out.
24. Green is one of my favorite colors.
25. I also like Orange, Grey, and Blue, but I own mostly Black clothes.
26. I’m a #BoyMom, but a #GirlAunt (4 beautiful nieces!)
27. I love TV. My So Called Life, Felicity, and Gilmore Girls are all-time favorites.
28. I got to be an extra on the set of Felicity, and also on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the old 90210, Charmed, and Melrose Place.
29. I read a lot of Chicklit, and love reading in general. I’m even in a bookclub.
30. The Shopaholic Series is one of my favorites, but also love Bridget Jones Diary.
31. Growing up, we had a cat named Popcorn, and then one named Barney.
32. As an adult, I had a cat named Lola, but learned I was allergic after thinking I had a horrible never-ending cold.
33. I used to hate coffee and was addicted to Diet Coke.
34. I drink at least a cup of coffee every day now, and no more soda for me.
35. Me and my boys all have one syllable, unique names. I’m hoping they like theirs as much as I’ve always liked mine.
36. I wish they still made cassette tapes and videotapes. I also miss regular phones.
37. I didn’t get a cell phone until I was in my mid-twenties.
38. I didn’t get my first cavity until I was over 30.
39. Now, I’ve had a few, plus a root canal. Darn pregnancies.
Well, if you made it to the end, that is birthday present enough. Actually, there’s one more thing you can get me. Just click on that pink button below, and then vote for me as a Top Mommy Blog. You readers/friends/bloggers are the best! Thank you!