First the Fundraisers
It’s time to kick-off two very important fundraisers! Even though you may have spent a lot of money during the holiday season, these fundraisers are so important, I guarantee you’ll want to participate.
Let me explain.
This is the third annual Walker and Willis Birthday Walk to Fight TTTS. If you aren’t familiar with TTTS, it’s Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome. You can read more about this devastating syndrome HERE.
I first met Brooke, mother to Walker and Willis, in a TTTS support group a little over three years ago. She lost her precious Willis to TTTS while she was pregnant with him and his identical twin, Walker. Walker asked his mom if they could do a fundraiser/walk in honor of his twin brother, and she couldn’t say no. In our support group, she asked if anyone would be willing to help. I volunteered immediately, and I’m so thankful that I did. Not only have I had the chance to raise money for the Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome Foundation for the past two years, but I’ve made a lifelong friend in Brooke.
The walk takes place in Alabama in March, and we will be traveling there this year. I’m really excited! We weren’t able to go last year, but we did go the first year. We made it into a mini-road trip, and we’ll be doing it again. So, if you’re anywhere near Northern Alabama, please come and join us. You can get all the walk information HERE.
An Online Auction
In order to offset the costs of hosting the walk (park rental, food, water, balloons,) I’ve also been running an Online Auction for the past 2 years. Last year, we raised over $850! I’m hoping we can hit $1000 this year.
Here’s how it works:
- Anyone interested in donating a gift card, handmade item, clothing item, piece of artwork, etc. can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description and picture of the item
- I will then put all pictures and descriptions in an album on our Facebook Page <——–just click there and “like” so you can participate
- On Wednesday, February 4th, you can start bidding on items in the photo album. You simply comment on the picture in $5 increments.
- The winning bids and winners will be announced on Monday, February 8th (bidding ends on Sunday night at 10pm CST,) and payments must be made through Paypal.
- The wonderful people who have donated the items will be notified as soon as payment is made, and can send the item directly to the winner or to me, and I will mail it.
How you can help
Even if you can’t attend the walk, or afford to donate or bid on an item, you can still help. If you haven’t already, please “like” our Facebook page. Then, please share it, and please share this blog post. The more people we reach, the more awareness we can spread.
Not only did TTTS take Willis 9 years ago, but it continues to take more babies each year than SIDS.
Please help us raise money to save babies and honor angels like Willis.
For more information on TTTS, please visit the TTTS Foundation.