With the mass amounts of rain and clouds this week, I was in a bit of a funk. I even shared an old post on Facebook talking about it. That’s when a friend of mine recommended writing out a list of things you are grateful for. I thought a gratitude list sounded like the perfect solution for this blah week.
I’m definitely a list maker. While I write out my goals, bucket lists, etc. here on the blog, I also like to actually write in a journal/calendar/notebook too. It helps me focus, and I also love crossing things off my lists. Is there any better way to get satisfaction than drawing a big, thick line through something on your “to-do” list?!
So, in addition to my weekly to-do list, I also wrote out my gratitude list yesterday. It definitely lifted my spirits, and helped me see what’s important.
Without further ado, here is this week’s gratitude list:
What I’m Grateful for this Week
- Sweet and caring moms at the Dance Studio
- Hugs and kisses from my boys before school in the morning
- Fun on Field trips…with pictures to prove it
- A Grandpa who chaperoned said field trip
- Grandma and Grandpa who spent time with the twins
- Another Grandma and Grandpa who were safe from a fire even though their house was not
- Laughs and great conversation with my book club friends
- Three boys that slept in past 6am (let’s hope this repeats this weekend!)
- Catching up on current shows on Hulu since I’m done with my beloved Vampires
- Thoughtful and encouraging comments on this post
Even though there were some rough spots this week, there was a lot more to be grateful for. I’m also looking forward to the long weekend. We don’t have any big plans, but if the weather keeps improving (the sun actually came out yesterday!) there’s a traveling beer garden calling our names!
I hope you have a lovely weekend, and take some time to reflect on what you’re grateful for. Let me know a few in the comments!