With the start of a new year, I’m feeling pretty good. I’m ready to get back to our regular routine now that the holidays are over. I’m also ready to set my January 2019 goals.
As you may have read yesterday, I chose a word for the year that will shape my monthly goals. I’m excited to see how it brings a new focus to everything.
Monthly goals will continue to be split up into 4 categories focusing on health, family, work, and myself.
Before I get to this month, let’s take a look back at the month of December.
December 2018 Goals
December was a very busy month. It was definitely a lot of fun with a vacation and the holidays, but it was pretty exhausting too. Here’s what happened in terms of goals.
- Donate and/or sell more clothing out of my closet. Nope. Although, I did reorganize my closet.
- Scale back on spending. I’m going to give myself partial credit for this one. We definitely spent less on Christmas presents, but the vacation was an added expense.
Spread Awareness for TTTS Awareness Month.Yes! I published this post and this post. I also recorded and shared a video for Day 6 of TTTS Awareness Month.
- Figure out this sleep thing. Nope. Not yet.
Stop eating after 8pm.It took me gaining a bunch of weight and feeling like crap, but I finally stopped eating after 8. Keep it up at the Gym.Yes!
Have a fun, safe family vacation.Yes! Have a fun, stress-free Christmas.Yes! Keep busyand keep fighting to a minimum during School break. We did keep busy, but the fighting got out of control at the end. Let’s just say I was very happy to send them to school.
- Stretch every day. Um. Nope. I totally forgot about this one.
If you read my December post, you’ll remember that I was really nervous about our family vacation. It actually turned out really great. I’ll give a full re-cap next week.
I also didn’t stress as much about the holidays as usual, so I was able to enjoy them more. We had some friends come down for NYE, which made it a lot of fun.
Overall, I consider December a success for the sheer fact that we made it through!
Now, onto this month.
January 2019 Goals
- Complete the 30 Day Yoga Challenge. You can join me here.
- Stop unnecessary spending. Still trying to get back on track from Christmas and vacation.
- Clean out my closet. On the list until it happens.
- Work on solutions to fighting/arguing without yelling.
- Have an adult date night and a family date night.
- Make it to all scheduled events. Mr. B has basketball, Scouts, engineering club stuff all month long.
- Find new doctors for the entire family. We changed health insurance and our old doctors aren’t in the new plan. This is a good thing.
- Keep eating healthy and no snacking after 8pm. I’ve started fresh and will share all the details soon.
- Keep working out at the gym.
- Take at least 10,000 steps 5 days a week. I finally got a Fitbit for Christmas.
- Write more
- Stretch every day
- Bring energy, creativity, and magic to my dance classes
By working on each of these goals, keeping balance in mind, I think January is going to be a great month.
So, who’s with me? What are you excited abou this month?