It’s June 2018. Do you know what that means?! There is exactly one week of school left.
How did this happen. It seems like just yesterday we were meeting the boys’ teachers, touring their classroom, and waiting patiently for the bus to come on that first day of school.
Remember that fun?! Now, at least, I can look back and laugh.
It’s definitely feeling like summer in Wisconsin, and the kids are more than ready for vacation. I’m not sure if I’m ready, since it’s not exactly a vacation for us moms, but I’m slowly coming up with a plan to minimize fighting and maximize fun…all while keeping my sanity.
Before we find out how that goes, let’s take a look back at May, and see what happened.
May 2018 Goals
Stay HealthyI stayed relatively healthy, even though I’ve been really tired lately. Still not getting enough sleep.
- Time Management I did get some things done, but not everything that I was hoping. I need to use my planner more! Plus, The Handmaid’s Tale, Animal Kingdom, and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia took up too much of my time. And Spider Solitaire. No explanation necessary.
- Practice Self-care I’m going to give myself a half point for this. I did get a massage, got a new haircut/color, and have kept my workouts…which is a big part of my self-care. However, I need to work on meditation or relaxation. I think I’ve found something that works, but now need to put it into practice.
CelebrateWe had an early birthday celebration in Madison after Little P had a good surgery follow-up. We also did cake and presents on their birthday, and celebrated in school. Mother’s Day was a great day with a family lunch and some shopping. Plus, Muffins with Mom, a photo shoot/drinks with the MKE Moms Blog, Memorial Day Parade and a BBQ.
Make Summer PlansThe boys are signed up for Summer School, Mr. B is playing baseball, and I’m going to add all three to our gym membership. They have an awesome outdoor pool/splash pad and snack bar that I think will be fun. Plus, it’s cheaper than getting a pool membership anywhere else. Keep our Schedule StraightMr. B successfully moved up to being a Bear Scout, I did my dance performance, and both soccer and school are ending next week. I think we made all of our appointments, and we made it to almost every different practice (there was one location mix-up, but not completely my fault.)
Keep DancingPerformance complete! 2 more classes to practice for my studio’s end of the year Showcase. I’m also going to dance with the adults in this showcase, but I’m more excited to see my little dancers do their thing. I also got to teach a couple of dance classes at my boys’ school for their “High Interest” day. I have to say that while it was fun, my boys definitely do not listen to me as a teacher anymore than they do as a mom. And yes, I made all three of them take my dance class, despite their protests. Write moreI’m getting there. I wrote a few more posts this month, like this one and this one. I’ve also joined the MKE Mom’s Blog team as a contributor. You can read my first post HERE. More writing to come!
So, not too bad. But, I’m ready for a fresh start this month. On to June 2018!
June 2018 Goals
- Get More Sleep! I’ve been way too tired lately, and it’s all due to late bedtimes and early mornings.
- Stop snacking! I‘ve been eating way too much way too late at night. I feel a little out of control, and not so healthy. So, I’m making it my goal to not eat after 8pm.
- Just Stop. With our busy schedules, I feel like it’s go, go, go lately. I need to take some moments and just enjoy them. Just a few deep breaths.
- Get along. The boys have been fighting a lot lately. With school ending, I’m afraid it’s only going to get worse as they spend more time together. So, we’ve got to come up with some sort of plan. Stay tuned.
- Enjoy the beginning of Summer. This goes along with the first one. We’ll be able to do more stuff and have more fun, if everyone is getting along.
- Get our Summer Schedule together. Baseball, work, and summer school will all cause our schedule to change, and there will be a period of adjustment.
- Make some Showcase Magic! We’re down to the final two weeks of classes and rehearsals. I can’t wait to see all my little dancers in their adorable costumes up on that big stage.
- Write, write, and write some more. I’d like to schedule at least 2 posts ahead of time for this blog, and I have 2 more to write for the MKE Moms Blog. It feels good to get in the writing groove again.
Summer and June 2018 are off to an exciting start. I think it’s going to be a great summer!
What are you up to this month? Have you set any goals for June 2018? Or made any fun summer plans?