It’s finally feeling like Spring around here. Actually, it almost felt like we skipped straight to summer, since it was almost 80 degrees today. May 2018 is off to a great start!
April felt like a pretty productive month. There were lots of appointments, activities for the kids, and even a snow storm. We’re in the home stretch of the school year, and the kids are more than ready for summer.
But, we’ve still got some work to do.
So, before summer vacation starts, take a look back at how we did in April. Then, I’ll share my goals for May 2018.
Keep track and make every appointmentYes! I’m happy to report that I didn’t miss any. I am, however, also happy there are reminder calls, emails, and calendar pop-ups. I got my teeth cleaned (no cavities!) a physical with a new doctor (my childhood doctor retired, which I’m still VERY sad about,) and a massage. Little P got the “all-clear” from his surgeon! Woo hoo! Sleep!Yes! Even though I didn’t go to bed early every night, I did get a lot more sleep this month. My body was tired, and I listened to it. Workouts and WaterYes! I found a new class that I love at the gym, and I’ve been refilling my water bottle frequently.
Finish Raising Money and March for Babies!Yes! Even though we didn’t hit our goal of $3000, we did make it over halfway there with $1596. We had a really great walk with our team, and the boys got to run the “Super Hero Sprint,” which was super cute. All the kids were supposed to run to the flags, and instead, ran a whole extra lap! True fighters! #fightlikeapreemie One of my favorite moments was getting to show the twins what an isolette looks like. They had one on display, and I explained how they spent their first few months living there. I’m not sure they understood completely, but it feels like we’ve come such a long way. Ps. You can still donate at https://www.marchforbabies.org/shanneva Adjust to a more active scheduleYes! Even though the snow ruined quite a few practices and games, Mr. B is loving soccer so far. He also went on a hike with the Scouts, stayed overnight with the grandparents, and went to a couple of birthday parties. The twins also went to a few parties, and going back to school after Spring break wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. Phew! Celebrate!Yes! We had a fun Easter, spending the day before with my family, and the actual day with my husband’s side. The kids actually entertained themselves at both places, and it finally felt like a relaxing holiday for us adults. It’s only taken 5 years! We also celebrated my husband’s birthday, spent the day in Madison after Little P had his check-up with the surgeon, and spent the rest of the March for Babies day with some good friends.
Dance!Yes! I’ve almost finished all of my choreography for our showcase, and I’m hoping to finish teaching it in the next 2 weeks. My performance is coming up this Saturday! I’m excited…and a little nervous.
- Write! This one gets a half. I did write an update on Little P’s surgery. However, I didn’t get to write about the family decisions or the health update like I wanted to. I’m determined to get it done this month. Plus, I’ll be writing as a contributor on the MKE Mom’s Blog. I’m really excited about the opportunity, and can’t wait to share more soon.
I feel really good about April, and I’m ready to take on May 2018.
So, here we go…
May 2018 Goals
- Stay Healthy May is another busy month, so I want to make sure I get enough exercise, rest, and water. I don’t have time to be sick.
- Time Management I have lots to get done this month. While I was productive last month, I still feel like I wasted a lot of time. Even though I schedule everyone else’s activities, I don’t schedule my time.
- Practice Self-care My anxiety and stress levels were a little high last month, so I need to focus on relaxing when I get the chance. And not feeling guilty about it! I think that’s the hardest part for me.
- Celebrate The twins turn 6 on Friday! We’re going to wait and have a party over the summer, but we still want to make the day special. We also have Mother’s Day this month, and we have a tradition of spending it with both of our moms.
- Make Summer Plans The boys will all be going to summer school, but once it finishes, I don’t want to hear, “I’m bored!” So, I’m going to look into some short road trips, or maybe a summer camp.
- Keep our Schedule Straight With the end of the school year upon us, we have lots to finish up. There will be field trips, ceremonies (Mr. B is moving up in Scouts,) and more activities. Not only is Mr. B playing soccer, but baseball will be starting toward the end of the month. Plus, my husband is busy with work, since the real estate market is pretty crazy right now, and we’ve got about 6 more weeks of our academic dance year left.
- Keep Dancing As I mentioned, my performance is this Saturday. Then, I’ve got about 6 more classes to teach and practice with my students. Plus, I’m going to teach dance at my boys’ school for their high interest day.
- Write more I’ve got so many ideas, but not as much motivation to get them out. This all goes back to my time management, and making the most of it.
May 2018 goals are all set!
What are you up to this month?