With Summer already half over, I figured it was time to get working on our Bucket List. I realize I already made a list of goals for July, and I will be making one for August, but a Bucket List is different. It’s a bunch of fun things we want to do. It’s not about improving, increasing, or organizing anything. Just plain fun.
So, here’s a list I came up with. I’m not sure we’ll get to do all these things, but we will have fun trying.
1. Celebrate the Last Day of Summer School This is already planned by my oldest. He requested a picnic and playing at the park. It will be DONE Friday. Woo Hoo!
2. Have a family Campfire My oldest and husband do it all the time, but it’s past the twins’ bedtime. So, we need to start one early, roast some marshmallows and make S’mores.
3. Visit Another State Park We already have our State pass from our Road Trip, so we need to get some use out of it.
4. Ride a Train All three boys absolutely LOVE trains, so I thought we could take the train down to Chicago. This leads to our next item…
5. Visit the Shedd Aquarium The boys love looking at the fish at the zoo, and this would be awesome for them. Starting with the train ride, I think this will be a super fun day.
6. Get comfortable in the Water I signed all the boys up for swimming lessons next week, so I’m hoping this will be accomplished. I’m hoping my oldest will learn a little more actual swimming this year, but as long as he’s more comfortable, mission accomplished.
7. Get a Family Portrait Done Since we are the Ambassador Family for The March of Dimes this year, this is a must! I’m enlisting the help of a photographer friend, so I know she’ll get a great shot. Here’s a picture of the five of us from last summer, taken by my Mother-in-law. She did a pretty good job!
8. Finish the Summer Reading Program We signed up during the second week and have been going strong. My husband reads to my oldest every night, and the twins get plenty of books during the day.
9. Use some of the Prizes from the Summer Reading Program We’ve gotten a lot of Buy 1 Get 1 Free admissions to play areas and attractions around our city from the program, so now we just need to put them to good use.
10. Go Back to School Shopping Now, some of you may not think this is a fun thing, but I LOVE SHOPPING. I especially love Back to School shopping. This is the time I have permission to buy things, and maybe go a little crazy since it’s my son’s first year in school. I actually might get a head start because did you know today is Amazon Prime Day?!?! According to their website it’s supposed to be BIGGER than Black Friday. I’m sure there’s going to be tons of deals, and since we’re Prime Members already, I’m set. If you’re not a member yet, just click my affiliate link below for your FREE 30 Day membership! You won’t want to miss this!
BONUS See an Outdoor Movie They have them going on all over the city this summer, so I hope to make one of them. I used to love going to the drive-in when I was a kid, so I think mine will enjoy it too. If we don’t get outdoors, we at least have to see the Minion Movie!
So, there you have it…our Summer Bucket list. I really hope we get to do all these things and squeeze all the fun left out of summer.
What’s on your Bucket List? What fun stuff have you already done?