With the beginning of the school year, much of the blog focus has been on my oldest. So, today, I thought we’d check in with the twins. I’ll share what they’ve been doing, where they’ve been going, and their new favorites.
If you’ve been following the blog for a while, you’ll know that the twins turned three in May, however, they weren’t really due until August. So, even though they are “officially” supposed to be caught up, in some ways they are still a little behind.
For one, we are not potty training yet. My husband, especially, has been trying to get them interested in the potty, but with no success. They have been promised treats of all sorts, but nothing seems to be very motivating. I think when they are ready, they will let us know.
They talk A LOT. I mean they don’t stop. It’s hard to get a word in, especially for my oldest son…who is also a big talker. My bigger guy is easier to understand, and I think his brother will catch up soon. My little guy always seems to be a couple of weeks behind in development, and that’s OK. He had a little rougher start.
As for activities, we’ve been heading to the gym a lot. It’s actually a pretty big deal because they’ve never been in child care before. They did have an awesome babysitter over the summer, but now it’s nice for them to go to a place where there are other kids. The best part is that they really seem to like it. (Plus, mommy gets a workout/alone time.)
They run into the gym, slowly walk down the stairs holding the railing, then run to the child care center. Everyone knows they by now, so they are greeted with lots of smiles. They patiently wait to get their “stickers” on their backs before they are let into the area. The childcare labels each child with their name, number that their parent signs in on, and what cubbie their bag is in. They are very secure and thorough, which I love.
Usually, they don’t even turn around to say goodbye, they just run into play. Lately, my bigger guy has been saying, “Mommy, you come check on me?” To which I reply that I will, then he goes off. They play nicely (no more incidents since the first day,) and sit and eat their snack with everyone at snack time. When I come back, they both run out and say, “Mommy we had fun.” Hooray!
Other than the gym, we run errands, take walks (still LOVING our collapsible wagon and get asked about it every time we go out, see the picture below for how you can get your own,) and visit Grandma and Grandpa during the day. Grandpa takes them to the zoo on occasion too. Then we always come home for lunch, attempt to take a nap so mommy can get some work done, and then wait for big brother to come home.
The twins’ favorite things have not changed much since my last post, but here’s a little refresher.
- It’s still all about trains and/or cars
- “Mommy, build me train tracks” is the favorite phrase
- Gordon has returned from vacation because only my little guy likes him now
- Molly is no longer a favorite train, as she is metal, and they like all the wooden trains for some reason.
- Favorite shows are now Sam, Sam (Netflix,) Thomas the Train, Calliou, Word World, and various Disney (Netflix) like Mickey and the Beanstock
- Favorite books are Dr. Seuss books like One Fish Two Fish, The Places You’ll Go, and Green Eggs and Ham. They also still like Room on the Broom, Sneezy the Snowman, and Giraffes Can’t Dance.
- I’m still loving the sippy cups from Zak and lunch boxes from Skip Hop. We bring them with us to the gym everyday, and the boys love them too. Although, I usually only bring one, then there is a fight over who get’s to carry their “lunch” out to the car.
- Favorite foods are usually snack-type stuff. They love Goldfish Crackers, Teddy Grahams, and Pretzels. They like to eat apples, carrots, and yogurt too. Once in a while, I can get them to eat some oatmeal. They still love their milk and cheese, but we’ve been drinking a lot more water, so we don’t have bathroom issues. My little guy especially loves pizza, and they both like whatever mommy or daddy is eating better than whatever is on their plate. This is not always a bad thing, as I got them to eat some salad the other night. They both like to feed themselves, which is great, but messy. Nothing new about that.
Here are some of the favorites from my Amazon Affiliate links. There is no additional charge to you, if you’d like to purchase the product through my link, just click on the picture. I will get a few cents to help run my site…so thank you in advance.
I hope you enjoyed catching up with the twins a little. I’ll be sharing more about all three boys soon. Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you tomorrow to talk about Halloween!