It’s been entirely too long since I’ve written a post. Sorry! Even though sometimes the days are very long, these last few weeks have flown by. It seems as if we were just in winter jackets, and now we are putting on sunscreen…even though in WI we may still need those jackets again. Let me give you a brief rundown of what we’ve been up to.
1. The twins had their 2 year check-up. The doctor thought their height and weight were great, and everything else seems to be on track. From 1 lb 7 oz and 2 lbs 2 oz to almost 25 lbs and 30 lbs sounds like great progress to me!
2. I became an Aunt again! My brother and sister-in-law welcomed their 4th girl last week. She’s so cute and sweet!
3. We had our first outing and first “play date” since RSV/Flu season has ended….and no one got sick!!!! I admit I was still a little worried, but everything turned out great. We went to one of those indoor play centers for the Twin Club’s Spring Party, then we went to the zoo with a few mommy friends. It was so nice to be out!
4. The twins met their Great Grandmother for the first time. My maternal Grandma came in for the weekend from Detroit. She’s almost 93, and it is hard for her to travel, but I was happy she got to meet all of my children, as well as my brother’s. I think 7 kids was a little overwhelming, especially since six of them are age 5 or under, but hopefully she enjoyed them. It was also nice to see all the cousins playing together.
5. The twins got their first taste of summer…running through the sprinkler. It was pretty funny seeing them react to the super cold water. My little guy kept running back for more, but my bigger guy did NOT care for it.
6. My husband and 4 year old got their summer hair cuts. They both look super cute.
7. I’ve been slowly getting back in shape. I try to take the kids for a walk most days, but I need a helper since I don’t have a triple stroller. Usually, my mom or dad help me out, which is great. I also go down in our basement once the twins go to sleep and do a workout or yoga video. I’m still waiting for it to get easier.
Other than the day-to-day craziness, that’s about all we’ve been up to. It may not seem like that much activity, but to those who have experienced RSV/Flu isolation during the winter, these activities are a big deal for us. And lots of fun.
Next up, I’m going to try and take all three to a park. They did go to a park on our Alabama visit, and loved it. I’m just hoping to keep them all in the same general area. My little guy tends to be a runner.
We also have their second dentist visit. Cross your fingers for no cavities. Then, my 4-year-old starts swim lessons. I think this will be a good summer.
Leave a Reply