I, for one, am very happy to see February 2018…even though I’m still not used to writing 2018 yet.
January was a ROUGH month. We dealt with back to school drama, followed by a sickness that swept through the entire house. It started with Big C, who had an ear infection. Little P, then me, and then Mr. B all got the Flu. And we couldn’t leave my husband out. He got nice and congested, with an awful cough.
I actually went back to urgent care because after 2 weeks, I wasn’t feeling better. Turns out I got a sinus infection as a bonus.
But, we’re all on the mend finally, and ready for a new month.
I’m going to warn you, my results from last month don’t look pretty. I was seriously wiped out, and couldn’t do anything. Although, it wasn’t a complete waste, as you’ll see.
Stop Unnecessary SpendingYes! This was the ONE advantage to being sick. No shopping. At all.
- Drink at least 64 oz of water a day I was doing great with this at the beginning of the month when I was working out, but then went to tea when I was sick.
- Got to the Gym at least 3 times a week I was killing this one for the first 2 weeks, and then I was down for the rest of the month.
Get more sleepAnother bonus of being sick. I think it’s all I did for 2 weeks.
- Get back on track and
set a schedule– I did get my planner organized, and set a workout/volunteer/work schedule. I didn’t actually get to make it happen.
- Declutter The only chore I had time to do was laundry. When the family is sick there’s just sooooooooo much laundry. It’s still piled to the ceiling. Ugh.
- Have a game night at least twice a month – This one gets a half. We did squeeze one in before the sickness hit.
Figure out Health Insurance Issues– Finally, everyone is covered. Of course, we had 3 Urgent Care visits during the month the kids weren’t covered, but that’s another story.
- Write and schedule at least one post ahead of time per week Nope
- Start applying for more sponsored posts Not even a little bit
While January seemed like a bust, it can only mean February 2018 is going to be better.
February 2018 Goals
- Get back to eating healthy – When you’re sick, nothing tastes good. Well, except ice cream.
- Get back to the Gym – I also earned some “gym bucks” with my new membership, so I need to use them up. I’m thinking massage!
- Drink that water
- Declutter I got another bag from thredUP, so I’m going to fill that and mail it in. Then, I need to start going through the massive amount of plastic totes in our basement. If you’d like to get rid of some stuff, or are looking for some bargains, just click on my referral link, and you’ll get $10 off your first purchase.
- Keep our schedule straight – For some reason, we have a ton of activities this month. I’m afraid I might miss something, so I’ve written them in my planner and put them in our Online calendar. Fingers crossed!
- Date Night – We actually have one planned, so this is an easy one. But, maybe we’ll sneak 2 in since it’s Valentine’s Day this month.
- Get back to writing!
- Start choreographing our Spring Showcase – I’m teaching quite a few more classes this year, so I want to get a head start and not be overwhelmed
And that’s all folks! I’m keeping it simple, and hoping for a great month. How about you? How did your 2018 start out? Are you ready for February?