Who had some fun this week? Even though the months seem to fly by, this week dragged a bit for me. Perhaps it was the raging hunger or the lack of energy from beginning the Whole30? Or maybe the never-ending tantrums from the twins? Or it might have been the not sleeping at night thing.
Well, enough of that. I did have a little fun this week, and this weekend looks to be a good one too. So here’s a list of the good stuff from the week, and what we’re looking forward to this weekend.
The Good Stuff
- Catching up on my favorite shows, like Jane the Virgin and The Chase, since I couldn’t sleep. I also finished my book for book club in record time. Speaking of which…
- Book Club. Even without snacks or a glass of wine, it was so nice hanging out with the ladies. Plus, our next meeting will be at a beer garden and the Whole30 will be over. Hee hee.
- Avocados. Who knew these little green guys could make egg and tuna salad so much creamier and delicious than Mayo?
- Family dinners. Everyone eating and complementing the meal I made. Usually, at least one has a complaint…but not this time.
- Warmer weather and sunshine. I’ve finally been able to send Mr. B to school with just a sweatshirt, and I’ve needed sunglasses in the car. This is nothing short of a miracle.
- Bikes. Mr. B finally taking interest in riding a bike. Also a miracle.
- 2 Pees. Yes! In the potty!!!! One pee from each twin, and it was probably a fluke, but I’ll take it.
- Nap time. Even though it involves separating the twins and putting one in my bed, I’ve been so exhausted, I’ll take any excuse to lay down.
- A Fun Friday. Mr. B has his Spring music concert, so the whole family is going. We might even take the twins out for a treat after…if they behave.
- Weekend Plans. Our Twins’ Club Spring Party is this weekend. I love the ladies in the club, and the boys will all have fun.
What did you do that was fun this week? Any exciting weekend plans?
Thanks for the avocado suggestion! Going to try that this weekend.
Jessica Hughes says
I hear ya on the naps!! Trying to get some in myself
Nothing like a fluke on the toilet to give even an ounce of hope!! And good luck with your Whole 30! I JUST finished mine last week!
Sounds like it wasn’t too bad of a week – I can’t imagine the food cravings though. That would make me so grumpy haha.
Irina Vakulchik says
Your amazing girlie. I so want to try the egg, tune, and avocado sandwiches. Thanks for the idea. I hope you really have a great week.
It looks like you have a great week so far! I love the Chase! I am so behind on Jane The Virgin. 🙁 I need to get back to watching. I love avocados! They are so good. Nap time sounds amazing. I wish I could take them while I am at work. Hope you have a great weekend!
Trish at Birdhouse Books says
What a fun and happy post — and I love that VW bus picture. 🙂 It sounds like you’ve had a terrific week. Book club – ahh! That is so great. And hooray about the twins’ potty training progress! They are doing great.
Katie Brooks says
Yay for 2 pees!! I need to try the avocados in tuna and egg salad!! I also think I am going to jump on the whole 30 wagon! I need to start losing baby weight!!
Bethany Magnie says
A certain someone is starting a pee in the potty at our house too!! So exciting 🙂
Aren’t avocados just a GOD SEND!!!! I didn’t eat my first one until about two years ago….what was I missing out of my entire life?!!! Such a great substitute and just yummy in itself.
This was an extremely hectic week for our family. We did have the opportunity to look after our goddaughter for a few days, so that was a lot of fun for my kids too 🙂 It’s always nice to add an extra play buddy in the mix. Hope you have a great weekend.
Nazrin Miah says
Im still recovering from last weekends hike I went on! Lazy old me suffers whenever I have to do anything that requires moving! I have to admit I enjoy watching the lead actress of The Chase better than who she was in The Killing! Hope you have a god weekend! X
Joan Harrington says
Sounds like you had a busy and productive week! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Becky @Disney in your Day says
Love it… especially avocados! I’m having fun in Disney, despite the fact that it’s been raining more often than not since I got here :/
Bren Pace says
Hey Shann! I love this post, especially the two pees! Awesome-sauce girl! I have to say, although you had an exciting week, I’d really love to know where you got the VW bus. I would totally drive that baby!
Have a great weekend!
Kate Walton says
I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Avocados! I make a southwestern chicken salad with them that is amazing! So much better than mayo!
Cynthia @craftoflaughter says
I am a huge avocado fan! I miss the huge fresh ones in California
Letitia - apparentlyamom says
I just got all caught up with Jane the Virgin too. That reason finale had me just dying to have the next season be out already. I hate waiting for it and so much happened!
CourtneyLynne Storms says
Ahhhh I’m addicted to avocados!!! I feel bad for my daughter and hubby sometimes because I try to figure out a way to include them into as many meals as I can lol….
Hoorayyyyy for avocados and warmer weather and sunshine! 😀 I hope you and your family had an awesome weekend! :]!
Congrats on the pee in the potty and I seriously need to watch Jane the Virgin. I’ve heard so many great things about it.