It’s Day 15! I am officially at the halfway point of the Whole30! Who’s halfway thru the Whole30? Me! Halfway thru!!!! Can you believe it? Nope, me neither.
The second week has been easier in some ways, but harder in others. I’m feeling more comfortable in the kitchen, I have found a few meals that I really like, and I know where to buy everything…but, I’m still hungry A LOT of the time, I still crave some sweet things, and I almost lost it when my husband made popcorn last night.
My energy started to return during my Monday workout, but has since slipped back a little. I’ve also been pretty emotional, but I think it has less to do with the Whole30 and more to do with other circumstances in our lives right now. Although, the hunger has definitely made me crabby and snap a few times. Mostly though, I’ve been worried and a little on edge because Mr. B has been sick for 2 days with a fever, and I’ve never seen him so lethargic before. We may be at Urgent Care right now, if it hasn’t broken. It’s also THAT time of the month for me, which adds stress, bloating, and other fun stuff.
Before I get into what I ate this week, I wanted to share a few numbers with you, since it is the Whole30. And remember this is only the halfway point.
- 48 = number of eggs I’ve eaten
- 14 = number of avocados I’ve eaten
- 11 = number of trips to the store (4 different ones…Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Target, and Meijers)
- 10 (or 10 million) = times I’ve thought about quitting and shoving chocolate, gum, popcorn, chips, or anything but eggs in my mouth
- 7 = cans of Tuna I’ve eaten
- 2 = kitchen accidents. nothing major, but I do have a bandage on my finger as I’m typing right now.
So, here’s what I’ve been eating. I still haven’t gone too crazy or made anything elaborate, but I’ve definitely gone out of my own comfort zone in the kitchen. I think I’ve made more meat in these last two weeks that I ever have before in my whole life. I’ve also been seasoning things, making sauces, and managing to impress my husband.
- Breakfast was my usual…Eggvocado (3 hard-boiled eggs, avocado, mustard, and salt to taste) with fruit and sweet potato.
- I had a snack before and after working out…a Larabar and apple respectively.
- Lunch was tunavocado salad (can of tuna, avocado, olives on spinach)
- Dinner was leftover ground beef mixed with a tomato sauce (tomatoes, garlic, salt) over a white potato
- Breakfast – see above
- Lunch – see above
- Snack – pre/post workout – see above
- Dinner – see breakfast
No pictures needed. Not only did we have the Kindergarten music concert during the day, but my husband had to work late, so I just didn’t have the time or energy to be creative.
- Breakfast – I added a grapefruit into the rotation, and got rid of the banana and sweet potato
- Snack – Larabar
- Lunch – I found Mayo! Tuna with Mayo, Carrots with a Wholly guacamole 100 calorie pack, and an apple
- Dinner – We grilled out! Chicken on the grill, potato slices baked in the oven with olive oil, and yellow squash also with olive oil, baked then grilled (it was so yummy, I only remembered to take a pic of the potatoes before we ate them.)
- Breakfast – see above
- Snack – No snack…hooray!
- Lunch – Today was my first experience eating outside the house. We had our Twins’ club Spring Party, and it was potluck. I brought the veggies, which I knew I could eat, and then I brought a leftover chicken breast, some almonds, a pack of guacamole for the veggies, and an apple
- Dinner – Grilled Chicken Burgers from Trader Joe’s with guacamole, potatoes, and a salad (I also found a compliant salad dressing at Whole Foods! Woo Hoo!)
- Breakfast – Something new! I found a recipe for a Pumpkin casserole/custard, and it was delicious! It wasn’t very sweet (I’ve had sweet potatoes that were sweeter,) but it was a nice change. I also FINALLY found compliant bacon (no sugar or any yucky stuff added.) I think this breakfast gave me the energy to make it through my workout. I’ll be sharing the recipe soon.
- Lunch – Tuna with Mayo on spinach
- Dinner – Spaghetti Squash with homemade Pesto sauce, leftover chicken and tomatoes, a few leftover potatoes
- Breakfast -see Day 12
- Lunch – Chicken Salad with Mayo, Celery, and Pecans over spinach with tomatoes and carrots
- Snack – handful of almonds, apple, and carrots
- Dinner – Don’t worry, the Eggvocado is back
- Breakfast – See day 12 and 13
- Lunch – Chicken salad again, but added apple to it, baked some plantain chips (YUM!!!)
- Snack – handful of almonds and an apple
- Dinner – Hello old friend Eggvocado (this is why I’ve eaten so many eggs!)
I still can’t believe I’ve made it halfway thru the Whole30. Halfway thru!!!! According to the books I’ve read, I should be starting to feel good anytime now. So, as long as Mr. B starts feeling better, I’m ready for a great holiday weekend.
Do you have any fun holiday plans? Ready to join me for the second half of the Whole30?!