How can I describe life lately? Hmmmm. Hectic? Productive? Exhausting? Unpredictable?
Yes, yes, yes, and more yes.
With a snap of my fingers and a blink of my eyes, it’s finally Spring, almost May, and nearing the end of the school year. How did we get here so fast?
I haven’t written a post in quite a while because I can barely keep my head above water. Between appointments, work, school, and health issues, there just hasn’t been time, or, if I’m honest, the motivation. When I’m not running around, I just want to veg out on the couch or in my bed.
And that’s OK.
After getting rundown and getting Strep throat, I’ve given myself permission to take breaks when I need them. I’ve been going to bed early, but also getting up early. So, that means sometimes I take a nap too. My body just needs rest right now.
But, I wanted to give you just a little peek into what has been going on here in our crazy house. Plus, I can then look back on this post when my mind is totally gone….which I feel may happen any day now.
So, without further ado, my version of our Life Lately…
Mr. B is:
- Playing soccer, outdoors with friends, Beyblades, and Legos. He also still has imaginary battles all over the house, and does art projects. I love his creativity.
- Learning tons in 2nd grade. His reading has improved so much this year, he’s getting faster with his math facts, and he finally doesn’t complain about going to school in the morning. His teacher is FANTASTIC!
- Eating his whole lunch….finally! He still loves pizza, tacos, and is the messiest popcorn eater I’ve ever met.
- Watching A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix, Minecraft videos on YouTube, and The Young Indiana Jones on Amazon Prime
- Planning his transition from Wolf Scout to Bear Scout, many camping trips with Dad this summer, and ways to conquer the World.
- Reading Chapter books in school, and I’m reading him Big Nate, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid at home.
Big C is:
- Playing trains and cars, riding bikes, and also Beyblades. I need to write a strongly worded letter to the Easter bunny about that. Did you know they spin, and then break apart? “Mom, can you put this together?” or “Mom, I can’t find the blah blah part” are not fun interruptions every 2 minutes.
- Learning everything. Reading, math, writing, shapes, and more in Kindergarten. He’s very neat when it comes to coloring!
- Eating everything. He has always been my best eater. Although, he’s still concerned with being sticky or messy, so he likes to have a wipe or napkin near by.
- Watching I Love Toy Trains on Amazon Prime, Beyblade Burst on Netflix, and We Bare Bears on Hulu.
- Planning for his 6th birthday next week! He wants a party at home with a Lightning McQueen theme, lots of toys, and cake. There must always be cake.
- Reading The (teacher, custodian, pet, etc.) from the Black Lagoon. The boys have become obsessed with these books. I’m not even really sure if they understand them, but they love them.
Little P is:
- Playing trains and cars, and finally riding his bike again. That was the only restriction given after his surgery, so he finally cleared it.
- Learning to read. He loves listening to stories on my lap, and now he joins in….much to his brother’s annoyance.
- Eating snacks, meat, and vegetables….except he doesn’t like carrots. He also is not a fan of bread, but will gladly eat Goldfish Crackers until he turns orange.
- Watching Horrid Henry on Netflix, Thomas the Train on Amazon, and Curious George on Hulu. He’s become obsessed with monkeys lately.
- Planning for his 6th birthday next week! He would prefer to go to a party place, but will take a Thomas the Train/Monkey party at home.
- Reading all the Pigeon and Piggie and Gerald Books by Mo Willem. He especially love to shout out the words when they are yelling in these books.
My husband is:
I honestly should just write Working. The housing market is crazy right now, so he is showing houses, writing offers, going to inspections, and closing on houses constantly. I’m happy he’s busy and supporting us, but I hope he gets a little break soon.
- Playing with the boys when he gets home, raking leaves and cleaning up the yard, and doing a puzzle. The boys were actually helpful, and they even found the two missing pieces.
- Learning new math skills. Well, actually, brushing up on subtraction. He’s been quizzing Mr. B on timed subtraction tests, and now Mr. B is making him do them too.
- Eating whatever he can in the car in between appointments.
- Watching the news. I’ve given him a bunch of suggestions…The Detour on Hulu, The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime, or anything BUT the news, but so far, no luck getting him to relax.
- Planning his summer camping trips with Mr. B. I think he’d like to do a family one too.
- Reading the paper on his phone and offers from his clients.
And finally Me. I’m:
- Playing Spider Solitaire and doing crossword puzzles. Gotta keep that mind sharp! Ha! Also, working out. The gym counts as playing, right? Also, I’m going to include organizing and purging. It has felt so good to send in bags and bags of clothes to ThredUp (referral link) and make a little money (I’m up to $200!) They also have some great deals, so if you use my referral link to make a purchase, you get $10! Plus, those Legos. See picture above. Even if it was only for 10 minutes, it was 10 satisfying minutes.
- Learning to relax. It’s still pretty hard for me not to do three things at once, but I’m working on it. I also need to try meditation again.
- Eating more than I should. I’ve had a huge appetite lately, but still trying to eat healthy. My new favorite is Greek yogurt with frozen fruit and chia seeds. I’m also going to include drinking, and my beverage of choice is wine. Hee hee.
- Watching Timeless on Hulu, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Hulu, Life Sentence and Riverdale on the CW (don’t judge!) and daytime TV. I will not divulge those names. Too embarrassing.
- Planning to March for Babies this Saturday! Dance on Stage next Saturday! A Mother’s Day post, a post about the twins’ school situation, and a health update post for my blog. Then…drum roll please….I’m going to start as a contributor for the MKE Mom’s Blog!!!! I’m super excited. I get to meet everyone, and get a professional head-shot in a few weeks. Which means, I’m also getting my hair done. Woo hoo! Plus….I’m also going to teach a few classes at the boys’ school for their high interest day, so I need to plan that out. Then, I’m choreographing and rehearsing my dancers for their showcase in June, trying to figure out what to do for P and C’s birthday, and finalize summer plans for all of us. I’m exhausted just thinking about it.
- Reading all of the above books to my children over and over and over again. I finished my book club book, The Woman in Cabin 10, for last month, but I haven’t found a copy of The Nightingale for this month yet. I also have a whole pile of books next to my nightstand. If only there were more hours in the day.
So, that’s our life lately. Even though we’ve had a lot going on, we’ve still managed to squeeze some fun stuff in.
On a side note…I have noticed that I have not been taking too many pictures lately. The boys all have brand new haircuts (2 by me, and 1 by a professional…let’s see if you can tell the difference) which I haven’t even captured yet. They’ll be all grown out and shaggy soon, so I need to get to snapping.
I hope you’re enjoying your Spring so far. Tell me, what’s happening in your life lately?
Leave a Reply