I used to be a resolution person. I’d decide to start a diet or start to exercise, or even look for a new job on January 1st of the new year. I’d start out strong, but fizzle out quick. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve found that making vague long-term promises to myself really doesn’t work. I’ve found a way to keep myself accountable with small, achievable monthly goals. So, for 2018, there will be no resolutions!
I think it’s awesome to have hopes and dreams for the future, but in terms of every day life, I like to have more of a plan. I also like to have a smaller chunk of time and be realistic. It really helps me focus on what is important to me right now, and how I can get there.
While it may not work for everyone, having monthly goals really works for me. So, I will continue sharing them with you on the blog, as that keeps me even more accountable.
How did last month go? Let’s take a look.
Figure out my Schedule.By the end of the month, I was really in a good groove. Then, school break came along. Back to the drawing board for January! Have a little fun.Yes! Saw Bad Moms Christmas with my Book Club, had a Christmas Party with my Twin Moms Club, and met some new friends at an Essential Oils Party.
Raise Awareness for TTTSEven though I didn’t do as much as I wanted, I did share a few posts HERE, HERE, and HERE. I also lit some candles for TTTS Awareness Day and wore my blue!
Celebrate Thanksgiving with my Family.Yes! We did this the first weekend of December, plus got our family picture…which is the next thing crossed off the list. Take a Family Picture.See above. Have a date night in with my husband, and a date night out. We did get a night to ourselves, when all three boys stayed at Grandma and grandpa’s. We wrapped presents, drank some wine, and even watched Stranger Things. One of us may have fallen asleep on the couch. Or both.
Plus, we even got one at Christmas!
Publish a gift guide or two, and a review.Yes! I You can read my Practical Gift Guide and my Goldfish Swim School Review. Plus, I shared my Last-minute Gift Guide.
Even though December was a super busy month, we got it done!!!!
Now, let’s move on to the New Year! No resolutions, just goals!
- Stop Unnecessary Spending – I went a little crazy with Christmas and after Christmas sales, so I’m going to just shop for necessities this month – food, gas
- Drink at least 64 oz of water a day – It’s filling my water bottle 2 times, so I can measure easily
- Got to the Gym at least 3 times a week – This may involve getting up earlier to get to new classes
- Get more sleep – I’m going to try to get to bed around 10pm at the latest
- Get back on track and set a schedule– School is back in session, so it’s time to get back to a regular school/work/workout/housework/volunteer schedule
- Declutter – With all the new toys, we need to get rid of some old ones….plus, clothes and other clutter
- Have a game night at least twice a month – We played some card games on NYE, and the kids really had a lot of fun
- Figure out Health Insurance Issues – I can’t even talk about this one right now because I’m so irritated
- Write and schedule at least one post ahead of time per week
- Start applying for more sponsored posts
And that’s it! While it may not seem like a huge list, it is important stuff. If we can get most of it done, it will be a great start to the year!
What about you? Do you make goals and say no resolutions or do you like to make them? Tell me what you’re doing this year in the comments below. I’d love to know what works best for you!