I, for one, am very happy to say hello to November 2016. More importantly, I was just ready for October to be over.
It was a busy month, but I don’t feel like I got much accomplished. I started it off in a funk, and ended it with a full on mommy meltdown. Luckily, I have a support system that helped me make it through.
I’m not quite ready to share about it quite yet, but maybe when I can get some perspective (or at least get through the day without crying) I will write about it.
So, here’s a look back at October, and what I had hope to do.
In October, I decided to break it down into both blog and personal goals.
- Write a few posts ahead of time NO! I barely kept up with posting twice a week this month.
- Update some old pictures with Pinterest friendly images NO! Actually, I think I updated one photo, but I really need to work on this.
Add a tab/page so that people can submit their micro preemie stories directly on the blogYes! You can read about how to submit by clicking the tab at the top.
- Post to Instagram at least 4 times a week and gain more followers (If you’d like to help with this one, you can follow me HERE) I’m going to give myself a half credit for this one. I did post a lot more, but didn’t really increase by too many followers.
- Share my final results of my 30 before 40 list NO! I wanted to include pictures, and I just don’t have them all ready.
Overall, I didn’t get a lot done with the blog like I had hoped.
Plan and execute a fabulous birthday party for Mr. BYes! You can see the first party post HERE Have a family day at the pumpkin patchYes! Pumpkins, hayride, corn maze, bouncy houses, games, and tantrums all were had at the pumpkin patch Raise awareness and money at the Drive For Babies (a fundraiser put on by the March of Dimes)Yes! My husband spoke, the kids got to give high fives, and we watched cars race, all while raising money for the March of Dimes.
- Sell and donate lots of clothes from my closet that don’t fit anymore. This one also gets a half credit. I sent some to the resale shop, but I’ve got a long way to go.
- Get everyone a flu shot. These are scheduled for this month!
- Take Mr. B to his wellness visit. Scheduled for next week!
Keep working out at least 3 times a week, if not moreYes! It was the only thing that kept me a little sane this month.
- Have a Happy Halloween! This one gets a half. The kids dressed up, got candy, and complained about walking…A LOT. But, they had fun. After putting so much energy into Mr. B’s birthday party, I tried my hardest to get into dressing up, but my heart wasn’t really into it.
So, I actually got through more of my personal list than I thought. I guess my emotional/mental state is what was holding me back from feeling good about it.
Now, it’s time to wipe the slate clean and start November 2016 fresh.
November 2016 Goals
This month, I’m just going to focus on personal goals. Again, we have a lot of activities planned, and I don’t want to overwhelm myself. If I get to do some blog stuff done, it will be a bonus.
So, here are the goals for November 2016:
- Remember/Be on time to all appointments, activities, and meetings. I have doctors appointments, flu shots, and my own skin doctor visit this month. Plus, we have quite a few school activities for all three boys, and I have my regular monthly meetings (Twins Club, Book Club, etc.)
- Workout at least 3 times a week. I just like to keep this one on to keep myself accountable…and sane.
- Start planning for the holidays. I have some Secret Santa gifts to buy, figure out our family holiday schedules, and start buying gifts for our family. I’m hoping if I get some of this stuff done ahead of time, I won’t feel as stressed as the actual holidays get closer. Which leads to…
- Have a Happy Thanksgiving! I’m going to be super honest. Holidays stress me out. Getting everyone ready, loading them in the car, shuffling from one family to the next, and watching them so they don’t destroy someone else’s house gets to be exhausting. I’m hoping to work on everyone’s behavior this month so that the holidays will be more enjoyable. Mine included! So…
- Work on Behavior The boys have been a little out of control lately. Pushing and testing boundaries is an understatement. I haven’t been handling it too well either. I’m going to use this month to try out new techniques because the old ones are not working.
That gives me plenty to work on in November 2016. If I can just accomplish the last one, it will be a successful month.
So, what is on your agenda this month? Anything you are working on? Looking forward to?
You did really well on your goals last month!! I hope that things are better for you this month! I was in a little bit of a funk too towards the end of October. I wanted to update some pinterest images last month and only did some. Hopefully this month I’ll be able to update some more. Good luck with your goals this month and hopefully you’ll get some time to yourself!
Becky @Disney in your Day says
You got a lot done, even if it doesn’t feel like it! I also really get into a funk around this time of year – I think it has to do with the days getting shorter and the temperatures getting cooler.
Rachel G says
As the holidays approach I think it’s probably a smart idea to scale back on number of goals–November and December tend to be a little extra busy/overwhelming to begin with!
Kusum @sveetesKapes says
Your goals posts are my favorite, you might not agree but you have gotten so much done last month 🙂
Love all the Halloween pics Shann! The holidays are already here, there’s just so much to do that its impossible to keep up.
xx, Kusum | http://www.sveeteskapes.com