September 2016 is halfway done. Can you believe it? We’re in the third week of school…although, to be fair, it’s the first full week because of Labor Day. However, we have already had a Parent night, gotten our first homework, and become pros at getting to the bus on time. Not to toot my own horn, but we haven’t had to run to the bus yet this year. I know it’s early, but you have to celebrate the small victories.
Speaking of small victories, let’s check on how this months goals are going.
Mid-Month Check, September 2016
- Make good progress in Potty Training Surprisingly, this has gotten a LOT better. I’ll have a full update next week, but let’s just say my laundry pile has gone back to normal.
- Get a good morning routine for Preschool and 1st Grade As I mentioned earlier, we have not missed the bus, teeth have been brushed, lunches/snacks packed, and no missing shoes. The days the twins go to preschool actually run smoother than the others, but overall, we’re doing good. I’ll post about the twins’ preschool experience soon.
- Enjoy my 40th Birthday!!! DONE!!!! Not only did I get to enjoy my actual birthday, but I also got to spend last Saturday night with great friends and family. I wish I could drag my birthday out all month, but honestly, I don’t think I could handle it. Sweat pants and Netflix are scheduled for the rest of the weekends in September.
- Get back to my gym routine Yes! I’ve already been to the gym three times this week, and I’m also going today. Preschool has been a great help. It’s about a block away from the gym, so those 2 days are a given.
- Schedule Appointments Not done. No excuse.
- Spend time with Family Yes! We all went to dinner to celebrate both mine and my brother’s birthdays. The kids had a lot of fun. Maybe we can squeeze in another time before the month ends.
So far, September 2016 has been busy and a little stressful, but also filled with a lot of fun. I feel that I’ve accomplished a lot, and I’m confident I’m going to finish my goals this month. I completed my first week back at the dance studio, and we are going to see TORUK by Cirque Du Soleil next week. Have you entered to win your tickets yet? I have a family 4-pack up for grabs. Just click HERE and enter. I will be announcing the winner on Tuesday on the blog.
Until then, here are a few pictures from last weeks birthday festivities.
How is your month going? Anything fun coming up for the second half of September 2016?
J. Ivy Boyter says
congrats on starting and meeting your goals. And, Happy Birthday!
Sounds like you’re doing good on your goals! <3 Happy birthday!
Elizabeth Doren says
Happy 40th – good luck with the rest of the month and accomplishing your goals.
Julie S. says
Looking forward to reading your potty training tips when you have that perfected 🙂
Come link this up to my Gratitude and Goals linky 🙂
Love it! What a great birthday 😀 LOL, haven’t had to run to catch the bus yet—here’s hoping you keep that trend 😉
Alanna @ Alanna & Company says
Good work with the goals! I’ve been so bad at mine that I just figured out my goals now…Whoops!
The middle of the month has a way of sweeping us away and next thing we know it’s October! A mid-month check-in is a good way to avoid that.
Kristin C says
I think it’s really good that you take a peek at your progress halfway through the month. That’s a much better way to approach it that most of us do!
Tara Berries says
I need to get back to my gym routine as well.
Kristin Longacre says
Yay for hitting most of your goals and only being part of the way through the month! That has to feel good! Happy belated birthday and enjoy the rest of September. My goal is to find time to sleep…. haha.
I can’t believe it’s the middle of September! Sounds like you’re making great progress!
Chrissa - Physical Kitchness says
Happy happy happy belated birthday blogger friend! I’m glad you were able to celebrate and divulge a little 😉
You are killing your goals so far this month!! That’s awesome that there have been no issues with getting on the bus so far. Though I was on vacation the beginning of this month I feel that things have been crazy. I will be enjoying my weekend in sweat pants and catching up on shows as well. Hope you have a great weekend!
Emily Bendler says
You are totally rocking September!! Yay for the potty training!!
Elizabeth Zamora says
So happy you are making progress on your goals. I need to do a mid-year check in on my goals.
Fullest Mom says
This is a nice way to keep on track. I find if it doesn’t get mentioned, it doesn’t get done. Congratulations on working your goals
Shani Ogden says
Great job on your goals so far this month! September is always a fun month for me because both my husband and I celebrate our birthdays (yay!).
Justin Cox says
That is brave. Putting your goals out there and making them public as well as keeping yourself accountable through posting your progress. That is awesome. I can’t wait to see how much progress you make.
And happy birthday!