September 2016 is halfway done. Can you believe it? We’re in the third week of school…although, to be fair, it’s the first full week because of Labor Day. However, we have already had a Parent night, gotten our first homework, and become pros at getting to the bus on time. Not to toot my own horn, but we haven’t had to run to the bus yet this year. I know it’s early, but you have to celebrate the small victories.
Speaking of small victories, let’s check on how this months goals are going.
Mid-Month Check, September 2016
- Make good progress in Potty Training Surprisingly, this has gotten a LOT better. I’ll have a full update next week, but let’s just say my laundry pile has gone back to normal.
- Get a good morning routine for Preschool and 1st Grade As I mentioned earlier, we have not missed the bus, teeth have been brushed, lunches/snacks packed, and no missing shoes. The days the twins go to preschool actually run smoother than the others, but overall, we’re doing good. I’ll post about the twins’ preschool experience soon.
- Enjoy my 40th Birthday!!! DONE!!!! Not only did I get to enjoy my actual birthday, but I also got to spend last Saturday night with great friends and family. I wish I could drag my birthday out all month, but honestly, I don’t think I could handle it. Sweat pants and Netflix are scheduled for the rest of the weekends in September.
- Get back to my gym routine Yes! I’ve already been to the gym three times this week, and I’m also going today. Preschool has been a great help. It’s about a block away from the gym, so those 2 days are a given.
- Schedule Appointments Not done. No excuse.
- Spend time with Family Yes! We all went to dinner to celebrate both mine and my brother’s birthdays. The kids had a lot of fun. Maybe we can squeeze in another time before the month ends.
So far, September 2016 has been busy and a little stressful, but also filled with a lot of fun. I feel that I’ve accomplished a lot, and I’m confident I’m going to finish my goals this month. I completed my first week back at the dance studio, and we are going to see TORUK by Cirque Du Soleil next week. Have you entered to win your tickets yet? I have a family 4-pack up for grabs. Just click HERE and enter. I will be announcing the winner on Tuesday on the blog.
Until then, here are a few pictures from last weeks birthday festivities.
How is your month going? Anything fun coming up for the second half of September 2016?