Monthly goals really motivate me. I like creating lists and having attainable things to achieve. I could just write a list in a journal or keep it on the computer, but I’ve gotten back in the habit of sharing them on the blog again. Sharing goals is that extra push I need to keep myself accountable.
If you don’t have a blog, or don’t feel comfortable sharing goals with a large group of people, consider sharing goals with your partner, with a friend, or even with your kids. They may not know exactly what you’re talking about, but you can teach them how you’re following through on something that’s important to you.
Even though I don’t achieve my goals each month, it helps to have something to work towards and something to strive for. I always feel more like a work in progress than a finished project, but that’s OK. There’s always next month.
Before I share this month’s goals, let’s take a look back at April and see what happened.
Try to get to the gym 4 times a week.I’m honestly not sure if this happened the week everyone was sick, since it was a blur of doctor visits and laundry, but I know it happened the last week!
- Drink more water! I’m going to say No to this one. I didn’t really keep track, but didn’t really notice an increase.
Go to bed earlier.I’ve been working on this one, and most nights it happens. I don’t always fall asleep or stay asleep, so I haven’t noticed a huge change in energy yet.
- Find new ways to de-stress. Does watching the Vampire Diaries count?! Ha!
- Celebrate my husband’s birthday and
EasterNope to Husband’s Birthday (everyone was sick or getting over being sick) and Yes to Easter Figure out Summer and Fall plans for the twinsWe were denied any financial help for the 4K program, so the boys will be heading to Kindergarten in the Fall. It sucks that money has to play a part in that decision, but that’s life. Over $7 K for a half-day program is just not an option right now. Get in a new routine with our new activities. We’ve added 2 days of therapy for the twins, and all three boys will be starting soccer.Yes! We have not missed or been late to anything! Raise a lot of money and March for Babies!While we didn’t reach our goal, we did raise over $1200 for the March of Dimes. (ps. You can still donate by clicking HERE. It’s never to late to help babies have a healthier start in life!
- Plan the twins’ 5th Birthday. I’ve thought about it. Does that count? I do have a theme and some decorations, but that’s as far as I’ve gotten.
Get back to writing at least 2 posts a week. Try for 3.Yes! I made sure to post a Micro Preemie Monday post, as well as a Friday post to link up with the What’s Up Weekend Link-up
- Write out an outline of content for the month. Nope
Get those email sorted and answered once and for all.I’ve actually improved on this, so I’m crossing it off for now.
- Get my blog security figured out Still working on this
Overall, with all the sickness and busyness of the month, I think I did an OK job. I am happy to see April end, and I am looking forward to this month. It’s finally got to get a little warmer, right?
So, here we go with May.
- Drink that water!
- Meditate for 5 minutes before bed. Stretch for a few minutes when getting up. Instead of being vague by saying “find a new way to stress,” I’m going to try these ideas to see how they work for me. I’ll report my progress.
- Get better quality sleep by going to bed earlier, not having media/TV on right before bed, and de-stressing (see above!)
- Stay consistent at the gym
- Dance my heart out Not only do I teach little ones, but I still take a Modern Dance class myself. We have a performance coming up in a couple of weeks.
- Celebrate the twins’ 5th Birthday
- Celebrate Mother’s Day with the boys and our Mothers
- Get a date night to celebrate my husband’s birthday finally
- Finish out Soccer and the School Year Strong!!!
- Stay consistent with posting at least 2 times a week
- Finish working on security
- Complete at least 1 sponsored post
Now, it may not seem like a lot to you, but I think we have our work cut out for us this month. My main focus is to stress less and enjoy more. I’ve been really grumpy and moody lately, and I know it’s due to stress. I’m really hoping the meditation will help, but I’m open to any other suggestions.
What are you monthly goals? What stress relieving ideas do you have for me?