Happy June! The boys have one last week of school, and the sun is starting to come out more. This can only mean one thing. Summer fun is about to begin!
The boys are very excited to get their bikes out, run through the sprinkler, and stay up late. If only that meant sleeping in too!
While I want my boys to have plenty of summer fun, I also like to keep some structure to our days and get into a routine. I find it cuts down on the fighting, stress, and complaints of boredom.
So, how do you add structure in while still having summer fun? I find it works best when you have a mix of scheduled activities, while leaving room to do things that everyone wants to do.
The Bucket List
Instead of making a bucket list myself this summer, I’ve asked each of the boys to come up with a list of things they want to do. Then, we’ll take turns going through each one.
Plus, we are going to plan a family vacation/road trip for the end of summer.
As for the structure, I’ve already scheduled activities for the boys. It will keep them busy and give me a little break.
So, my goals for June are all about getting ready for summer fun and making those plans. I hope it will give you ideas to make your summer the best one yet.
Before we get to June, let’s take a look back and see what happened in May.
Spring Cleaning Goals
Schedule a dumpster to be deliveredand get rid of all the garage junk. Yes! By the time this post goes live, my husband should have scheduled the dumpster. Junk is waiting!
Stay healthy!Almost! I have been resting when needed, drinking water, and working out, but I did catch a little cold from the boys (who did not really stay healthy at all!)
Celebrate the twins’ 7th Birthday!Yes! The boys opened presents, went out to dinner, and ended the day with birthday cake. Celebrate Mother’s DayYes! We went out to breakfast with both sets of grandparents, and then I went shopping with my mom. Finally, we went to see The Avengers: Endgame.
Rock my Dance PerformanceYes! I was so happy we had 2 performances this year, and it was so much fun.
- Write my last California Post No. Boo.
Write a post for MKE MomsBlog Yes! Finished by my deadline.
Despite Mr. P getting sick with an ear infection, we had a great month. It was filled with concerts, end of the year celebrations, dance, and sports.
I think June will be even better! Here are some goals and activities to get us ready for summer fun with structure.
- Get the junk in the dumpster. I can’t wait to be able to park in the garage again!
- Get some light. We need a new fan and light for the kitchen, a new fixture for the bathroom, and new lighting in the living room. We’ve had an electrician come out, and now we just need the fixtures to install.
- Add the boys to my gym membership. I will still be able to get my workouts in, and they will get to enjoy the pool.
- Stay Healthy! Keep drinking water, keep getting enough rest, and get the boys to do the same.
- Enjoy the last week of school.
- Make our Summer Bucket Lists.
- Start Summer School. The boys will all be attending summer school during the morning for 5 weeks. The twins will be taking a first grade readiness program, while Mr. B is taking some fun classes like choir, track, and science experiments.
- Get into our Summer Routine. I need to figure out summer school transportation, come up with a schedule for the gym/pool, and schedule all of our bucket list activities. Mr. B also starts golf and baseball with the park and recreation department. I see a big family calendar being made.
- Have a fun birthday party with friends. This is the twins first time (and mine!) celebrating with their school friends.
- Have a successful showcase with my dancers! Dress rehearsal is next week! The year has flown by, and I’m excited for my dancers to show all that they have learned.
- Write that last California Post Finally. It will be done.
- Write my MKE Moms Blog Post.
June = Summer Fun
June is shaping up to be a very busy month! I think all of the events, classes, and home improvements will help us kick off the summer right.
So, tell me: Are you a planner for summer? Or do you just go with the flow?
All of our fun stuff is basically weather dependent and that’s annoying because I feel like it’s freezing and that stinks. I was all prepared to be lazy next week but nope- tons of stuff and I forgot Jackson signed up for summer school to get familiar with the middle school so he doesn’t get lost on the first day in the fall. SO… I’ll have to get up early and find pants and that sucks.
That’s cool all the boys can do some summer school – I’m sure it does help with the whole structure thing. I need to figure out my summer bucket list too. I don’t have kids, but I still like to plan things for the summer…it’s always good for my mental health to have fun things to look forward to.
Lecy | A Simpler Grace says
Great job on your goals last month! I love the idea of doing a summer bucket list with kids!
I love your dance picture/pose. 🙂
Have you been able to load up the dumpster with a bunch of junk?! What good motivator than to have that sitting in your driveway. Sign me up.
I can’t believe it’s almost JULY!!! Holy crap!
I love that your allowing your kiddos the chance to let you know some things they’re each hoping to accomplish so you can all do them together as a family <3 What a great way to make sure all voices are heard! Also structure is always a good thing, especially when the days are so fleeting, right?