I know I’m a few days late, so let’s get going!
Let’s first look at what I wanted to happen in August Vs. What Actually happened:
- DATE NIGHT is a priority…Uh oh. Still no date night, BUT we have 2 already scheduled for September with a sitter. Plus I had a special date with my oldest.
- Submit my writing to other sources…Nope. However, I have still been writing blog posts every day.
- Try Vlogging (video blogging…not sure if I’m technically up to this challenge, but we’ll try it out.) Hooray! I did this one! HERE it is.
- Schedule more Blog posts to better utilize my time. With my Sneak Peek Sunday’s, I have been at least having all my ideas scheduled. Sometimes the posts still don’t happen until the night before.
- Keep eating healthy and exercise at least 4 times a week. Yes to the eating healthy! Just Joined a Gym, and have already been twice this week.
- STOP yelling as much by BREATHING and Taking Mommy Time-outs as necessary. Plus get more SLEEP. I have been getting more sleep, but still have been feeling like a mean mommy, plus more crying instead of yelling. Not really a win.
- Don’t go CRAZY with Back to School Shopping. Yes! Only got my son a few outfits, and Grandpa helped with some of the school supplies, since he used to work in Office Supplies.
I’m not going to lie, some of August was rough. Especially the last part. I think the stress of my baby going off to school played a big part. Plus, we had the tumbling fiasco, which I don’t think helped with the twins’ behavior AT ALL.
We did have a lot of good stuff in August too…a family trip, friends over for a BBQ, March of Dimes Ambassador duties, sponsored posts and a giveaway on the blog, family birthday parties, bike rides, and a rummage sale (although it rained, we still got rid of a few things.)
Let’s clear the slate and make some new goals for September (one of my favorite months!)
- Get a good routine going with school As you may have heard, my oldest has started Kindergarten. So far, he’s been dressed and on the bus with plenty of time. It’s still a learning curve for all of us, though. I’d like to plan out clothes, breakfasts, snacks and lunches a little bit more.
- Get to the Gym at least 3 times a week with the Twins Once we get to the gym, they love playing there. It’s the getting there part that needs work. I’ve gotten them in a bad habit of not getting out of PJ’s, so getting them dressed, packing up snacks, diapers, and getting out of the house takes a lot of work. I’m hoping we get a good routine going for this too. One that also involves them coming home, eating lunch, then NAPPING. We had one bad day and one good day so far.
- Have fun on my Birthday This year it falls on Labor Day, so everyone will be home. Hooray! I’ve been missing my oldest, so I’m happy he won’t be at school. I also had planned to gather some friends and family the night before, but when no one was responding to my Evite, I got upset and cancelled the whole thing. It was during those rough few days before the school start, so I was extra emotional and probably was being silly, but I’m just going to move on.
- Follow through with our Date Nights We missed out again in August. I really did try to get our sitter, but waited to long. This month, we have a sitter lined up not one, but two nights!
- Don’t stress out as much I’ve got A LOT on my calendar for September…March of Dimes events, Twins’ Club meetings starting up, Book Club, Ballet classes, Parent night at my son’s school, Blog posts to write…plus children to take care of, laundry to do, meals to make, etc. It will be easy to get overwhelmed, but my motto for the month is No Stress September!
With that note, I’m putting a stop to the goals. That should be plenty. How’s your September shaping up? Have you set any goals?