I have to say I was pretty happy to say goodbye to May. It was a month filled with lots of fun stuff (birthdays, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day weekend,) but also a lot of not so fun stuff (doctor’s appointments, SOCCER!) I have high hopes for June 2017.
First, I have to say even though it’s only day 2, the weather is already 10 times better. We’ve had 2 days in a row of sunshine, which hasn’t been the case in what feels like forever. That alone makes the days easier. I even got to do boot camp outside at the gym. It was actually a lot harder outside, but it was so nice to breathe in the fresh air and get some sunshine on my face. Vitamin D is good.
End of May
But, even though some of May was rough, the end was pretty great with Memorial Day weekend. I worked on Saturday morning, and my husband worked that afternoon, but Sunday we had nothing planned. It started out rainy, so we had lunch and saw a movie, Boss Baby. A cute movie, but not the star of the show. That honor went to the theater seats. They were the most comfortable chairs ever. Called “Dream Loungers,” they truly are dreamy. I want one in our living room. And maybe our bedroom.
Poor Mr. B wasn’t feeling that great before the movie, so the combo of popcorn and free cotton candy wasn’t such a great idea. Luckily, he waited until we got home to get sick.
The boys were all supposed to camp in the yard that night, but Mr. B opted to stay and sleep with me. That’s how I knew he really wasn’t feeling good. Thankfully, it seemed to be just a 24 hour bug.
Memorial Day, we went to the parade. If you’ve read any of my past posts, you know they are not my favorite. However, this year, it did not suck. It was actually pretty awesome. We had some amazing people in front of us that let our kids sit in front of them for optimal candy grabbing. The people thought the boys were a riot, so they entertained each other. It was like having surrogate grandparents with us. Plus, did I mention Bloody Marys? How did I not know this before. There is a bar right along the parade route that sells them for $5 right out a window.
We then had a cookout, and the kids ran around all day with their friends. It was a really nice day.
So, before we move on to June 2017, let’s take a look back at how I did on the goals I set for myself and my family for the month of May.
- Drink that water! I’m going to give myself a half point on this. I was definitely more conscious of it, and got a good amount in after each workout.
- Meditate for 5 minutes before bed.
Stretch for a few minutes when getting up.I still didn’t get the meditation in, but I did find my guided meditation CD. Progress.
- Get better quality sleep by
going to bed earlier,not having media/TV on right before bed, and de-stressing. I’ve actually been so tired lately, I’ve been going to sleep at a decent time. Stay consistent at the gymYes! Still making it 3 or 4 times a week! Dance my heart outYes! Had my own dance performance, and finished all the little ballerina’s choreography for their showcase. It will be epic.
Celebrate the twins’ 5th BirthdayYes! We only did a small family party and dinner, but will celebrate again in August on their NICUversary (it will be 5 years since they were released from the hospital on a date very close to their actual due date.) Celebrate Mother’s Day with the boys and our MothersYes! Had a really nice brunch with both sets of Grandparents.
- Get a date night to celebrate my husband’s birthday finally Darn it. No. I’m hoping by Father’s Day now.
Finish out Soccer and the School Year Strong!!!Yes! The last practice was outside. In the rain. Did I mention I’m happy soccer is over?! Also, the twins finished preschool yesterday, and Mr. B has less than a week to go.
Stay consistent with posting at least 2 times a weekYes…although, I just barely squeaked by this week.
- Finish working on security Not quite done, but will be soon.
- Complete at least 1 sponsored post Nope.
Overall, May doesn’t look too bad on paper, but it didn’t always feel good. The rainy weather, running around, and stress of appointments got to me.
So, on to a new month and a fresh start.
June 2017 Goals
- Get my eating back on track. I’ve been snacking a lot more, and I know it has to do with stress.
- Get my workouts in. With Mr. B out of school, it’s a little harder to get to the gym. He’s not a huge fan of the childcare.
- Deal with my stress better. I feel like I’ve fell back into the pattern of yelling too much. It never works.
- Have an awesome showcase. My ballerinas are going to dance their hearts out. I’m sure of it. Super excited.
- Adapt to our summer schedule. The boys are all off for a week, and then start a summer school and kindergarten readiness program. It will be a big adjustment all around.
- Resolve insurance and appointment issues. This is a huge weight on my shoulders right now. I will give more details when I can.
- Celebrate family birthdays, Father’s Day, and plan any summer trips. Not really sure if this planning will happen, but I’d like it to.
- Create a Summer Bucket List. You can take a look back HERE and HERE.
- Update Pinterest Images and Old Posts
- Finish Security
I’m excited and a little nervous about the start of the summer school programs. I know Mr. B will do fine, but I’m hoping it won’t be too much of a shock to the twins. They are going from 3 hours/2 days a week to 4 hours/5 days a week. BUT, they will have each other in their class, unlike preschool. It will also be a great test to see how kindergarten will go this Fall. Please cross your fingers and toes for us all!
I hope your June has started out as a fantastic month. Have you set any goals yet? Any fun summer plans? Please leave me some ideas for our bucket list below.