October 2016 Goals
Hello October! I know I’m a few days late setting my October 2016 goals, but this month has been jam-packed already. We started off the month celebrating a good friend’s birthday, had a family movie date the following day, and then celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary on the 3rd. Plus, there were some very special Homecomings on Micro Preemie Monday.
So far, October has been a really fun month!
We have a lot more planned, but first let me review what happened with my September Goals.
In case you missed this post, here is what I was trying to accomplish:
- Make good progress in Potty Training We’re still going strong. Both boys are peeing in the potty…or I should say AT the potty, since they are standing. They even went when they were in childcare at the gym! Number 2 is only going so-so. Little P is actually doing great. Big C? Not so much. I won’t go into details, but we have lost a few pairs of undies.
- Get a good morning routine for Preschool and 1st Grade We were doing great, and then the bus started coming about 5 minutes earlier. It only took one day of running to the bus to get us back into gear.
- Enjoy my 40th Birthday!!! DONE!!!!
- Get back to my gym routine YES! Last week I even added an extra day. I’m feeling pretty good.
- Schedule Appointments Finally! I scheduled an eye appointment and a dermatologist appointment for myself. I also took all three boys to the dentist, and had a dental appointment myself. The twins are scheduled to have a check with a urologist. I do need to get everyone in for a flu shot, and Mr. B’s 7-year-old wellness check up this month.
- Spend time with Family Yes! We went with my parents and brother’s family to dinner for our birthday. My brother and sister-in-law also came out for drinks after, so that was fun. All the cousins got to hang out again when their elementary school had an ice cream social.
I think September went pretty well. I’m hoping to make October even better.
Goals for October
With getting back to school, starting work, and everything else going on, I feel like I’ve been neglecting the blog and my writing a little. I’m going to add a few blog goals, along with some personal goals this month.
- Write a few posts ahead of time
- Update some old pictures with Pinterest friendly images
- Add a tab/page so that people can submit their micro preemie stories directly on the blog
- Post to Instagram at least 4 times a week and gain more followers (If you’d like to help with this one, you can follow me HERE)
- Share my final results of my 30 before 40 list
- Plan and execute a fabulous birthday party for Mr. B
- Have a family day at the pumpkin patch
- Raise awareness and money at the Drive For Babies (a fundraiser put on by the March of Dimes)
- Sell and donate lots of clothes from my closet that don’t fit anymore
- Get everyone a flu shot
- Take Mr. B to his wellness visit
- Keep working out at least 3 times a week, if not more
- Have a Happy Halloween!
I have a lot to get done this month, but I know it will alleviate stress in the long run. Writing these goals on the blog each month really helps me with my accountability, so thank you for reading and ultimately helping me achieve them!
Did you set any October 2016 goals? Do you like writing out your goals?