October 2018 Goals
It’s been a long time since I’ve written a post like this…June 2018 to be exact. I’m excited to get back on track in all aspects of my life, and the beginning of a new month seems like the perfect time to do it. In addition to personal, family, and professional goals, I’m adding a health category to my October 2018 goals. It will help to keep me accountable, and I hope it will inspire you too.
Just as I like to do monthly goals to make them more manageable, I like to organize them in a way that is helpful for me. It may not work for you, but if it helps you, let me know.
I find it helps to organize my goals by categories. As I mentioned, I’ve added a category this month, which is health. In the past, I’ve included it in my personal goals, but I want to give it more attention. Giving it its own category will really help me with accountability. I love to check things off!
I also think categories help make each goal seem smaller and easier to accomplish. It also helps me to remember them!
I’m not going to go back and review my goals from the beginning of summer. I want to look forward, and move past some of it, like the accident.
The summer definitely wasn’t all bad, and we did have a lot of fun times too. But, I’m ready to move on.
Time for Fall. Time for renewed motivation. Let’s do this October!
October 2018 Goals
- Clean out my closet and organize our bedroom. I did this once in the Spring, but it’s time to go through and purge.
- Learn how to use my Instant Pot. I’ve only had it for a few month now just sitting in its box. Ha!
- Finish 3 books this month. 1 for Book club, and 2 of my choice.
- Get my calendar up-to-date. We have so many activities and events coming up, and I don’t want to miss anything.
- Have a successful rummage
- No eating after 8pm
- Drink more water. I do great in the morning after my workout, but slow down the rest of the day.
- Get more sleep. Try to set a bedtime, allowing me to get up earlier.
- Exercise at least 3 times a week at the gym. Take advantage of the Fall weather with walks or jogs.
- Celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary!
- Celebrate Mr. B’s 9th Birthday!
- Do some Fall Family activities. We already hit Harvest Fest, and we have a picnic planned. I’d still like to go apple picking…unless it’s too late?
- Decorate our house for Halloween. I’m ahead of the game, and have everyone’s costumes, but the kids have been bugging me about decorating. I have tons of stuff. Now, just to find it in one of the millions of boxes in the basement.
- Write at least 2 blog posts a week.
- Complete one sponsored post this month, and work on one for next month
- Continue to get comfortable with my new dance classes, and make my students comfortable, as well
- Keep learning and improving my writing, my dancing, and my teaching.
So, that’s it. Plenty of things to keep us all busy!
What are you up to this month? What fun Fall activities are you planning?
I like that you made Health it’s own category. I really need to get back into the groove with all of that and lose some more weight. It’s been a lot of up and down and it’s frustrating. I’m in two dance classes this fall though and those are fun and get me moving more. I’m doing better with water, but I think I just need to get back on track with the food. That’s always the biggest issue for me. LOL
I hope you get to do all the fun Fall activities you want! My planner for this month is FULL of things, so I hope that they all work out.
I love your goals for the month, especially because they are similar to mine, especially with the exercise goals. Three days a week is what I’m aiming for also. And drinking more water. It needs to happen! We can both do it! We’ll support each other!
Yes! Yes! Yes!
My big goal every October is to de-clutter. I spent the entire weekend cleaning out our basement, cleaning out closets, purging too small clothes, getting rid of toys/games/puzzles/books, knowing full well after Christmas all that space will be full again. It’s super nice to see empty shelves in closets!
Hey girl 🙂
I always love pictures of you dancing in your leotard. Tell me, do you often have any little boys attending your classes?
I really could stand to get more sleep, not going to lie. I also just switched things up at the gym this week and will continue going forward and man, what a difference it’s made. I feel pumped and amazing this week and I love feeling like this versus my grumpy ass, bitchy self. 🙂
Hope you have a great month my friend!
What did you start doing at the gym? Tell me all of your secrets 😉 Also, I do have some little boys in my classes. There are only about 3 or 4 in the entire studio, but I hope we continue to have more.
Colin Matthews says
>Learn how to use my Instant Pot. I’ve only had it for a few month now just sitting in its box.
Haha this is why I’ve been hesitant to get an Instant Pot myself. I see all these Instant Pot recipes and it makes me want one, but I worry I won’t actually end up using it much beyond making a Pinterest recipe here and there.
I know! I did actually take it out of the pot and wash everything, so it’s ready to go. Now, for the true test….ha!