September is one of my favorite months. It’s my birthday this month, so that’s reason enough. But, there’s other stuff too! I’ve always loved the start of school, the beginning of Fall, and the cooler temperatures that usually start in September. I’m going to make sure my September goals are some great ones this year!
Even though I’m not headed back to school myself, for the first time, all three of my kids are. It’s pretty strange, exciting, yet stressful at the same time. We’re definitely in a transition stage right now. I’m hoping as the weeks go by, the stress eases as we get into our routine.
I haven’t set too many goals because I feel they are all pretty big ones. Before we get to them, let’s check in on how we did in August.
- Finish July Goals – This included reservations for Vegas (check!) Finishing the Summer Dance Session (check!) and Potty Training Boot Camp (Ugh!)
- Finish our Summer Bucket List – The family list was done, but as a couple we needed a date night (check!) a double date (check!) and a drive-in or movie night (nope)
- Check some items off my 30 Before 40 List – It’s not complete, but I did check one more off!
- Get to the Gym at least 3 times a week – I only made it once the week of Vegas, but we did a LOT of walking. I’ve been sick since we got back, but I’m going in today and tomorrow.
Overall, I’d say August was a success. Even though all of our dates happened in Las Vegas, they sure were fun! We ended up meeting some friends one night for our double date, and another night we had dinner and did some gambling by ourselves. Plus, we spent the days with the kids and my parents. It was a wonderful vacation.
The only other thing that hasn’t been going well is Potty Training Boot Camp. It started off strong, but we had a little less time than anticipated. I will have a full post with an explanation once I can get a handle on all the laundry and move away from the potty seats. Potty training twins is just a lot of work.
- Make good progress in Potty Training In the short time we’ve been doing it, I’ve realized it’s going to be a looooong process
- Get a good morning routine for Preschool and 1st Grade Did I mention TODAY is Mr. B’s first day of FIRST grade!!! We met his teacher and saw his classroom last night. She seems awesome, so I’m hoping for a great year for him. The twins started Tuesday, and so far, so good!
- Enjoy my 40th Birthday!!! I still can’t believe I will be the big 4 – 0 this year. Vegas was an awesome start, but I’ve got more fun lined up for my actual birthday (the 7th) and the weekend after. If you’re local and want to buy me a drink, leave me a comment below 🙂
- Get back to my gym routine Our vacation, Potty Training Boot Camp, and being sick all caused me to put working out on the back burner. Even though I’m still not feeling great, I need to get back there. Working out is a great stress reliever for me, and I miss it.
- Schedule Appointments I’ve been putting a lot of things off, since we were going on vacation. I need to get Mr. B into see an eye doctor, and schedule his wellness visit. I also need to see an eye doctor and the dermatologist.
- Spend time with Family We missed my nieces’ birthday party, so I’m hoping to get together with my brother’s family sometime this month. It’s also his birthday, so we need to celebrate that too.
I hope your September starts off great! Did you make any September goals? I’d love to hear about them!