Even though it’s only about 30 degrees outside, Spring is finally here in the Midwest. Well, at least technically. So, that means it’s time for Spring cleaning!
Not only are we going to work on cleaning and refreshing our house, but I want to work on cleaning up my eating and my attitude. It’s going to be a lot of work, but I’m actually looking forward to all of it.
There’s something about being able to open the windows and letting some fresh air in. Just seeing the sun shining, and it staying light past dinner time is wonderful.
It brings a new energy and a renewed motivation to get things done. Time to get organized.
Before I reveal my plan, I want to share how I did with last month’s goals.
Last month was all about getting healthy, both inside and out. I started off strong, but it didn’t end so well.
- Finish that darn closet
- Get those boxes into ThredUp
I’m embarrassed to say, I didn’t work on either of those things at all. That’s where the Spring Cleaning will come in!
- Celebrate my husband’s birthday Ok. I’m really not sure why this was on the list for March, since his birthday is April. We do have dinner planned this upcoming weekend! Instead, we celebrated St. Patty’s Day with the kids.
Go on an adult dateWe celebrated another friend’s birthday, and had a great night out with adults!
Go on a family dateWe took the boys duckpin bowling, and also on a brewery tour. Even though it wasn’t geared towards kids, it was a family friendly place, and they commented how well-behaved the boys were on the tour. We also saw the second Lego movie in the theater finally. Super cute and lots of adult references to make it funny.
- Be kind to each other This is a continued work in progress. There is still too much fighting and yelling going on. However, Mr. B has been so helpful with his brothers and tries to make peace. He’s been very, very kind.
Get 10,000 steps at least 4 out of 7 days a weekThis happened for the first 3 weeks of the month. Then, I got hit with some kind of weird virus/allergy/acid reflux attack which slowed me down the last week. Drink 64 ounces of water a dayExcept for coffee, I’ve just been drinking water. Well, and wine too. Keep working on my anxietyStill working, but making progress Get active with the familyMr. B has joined a running club. The twins and I joined him for a practice, and I’ve started running more before my workouts. I just signed us (plus my husband) up for our first 5K. It takes place the day after the March for Babies, so it will be a full and active family weekend.
- Finish up California Blog posts – So close. I did this one, but I have one more about Disney’s California Adventure Park.
Start choreographing dances for our ShowcaseI have all of my music, my formations, and I’ve started a few of the dances. I’m right on track! Enjoy my new classes and studentsOne of my classes has quite a few more students, and I love it! There’s so much energy, and the kids are adorable. I’ve also started teaching a new class on Saturdays, and each class gets better and better.
- Stretch every day in preparation for our performance Getting better, but definitely not every day.
Overall, I feel like the month was pretty productive…until I got sick. I’ve almost kicked this yuckiness out, so I’m ready to get to spring cleaning in the month of April.
Spring Cleaning and April Goals
Spring Cleaning Goals
- Clean out my closet finally!
- Also, finally send out the ThredUp boxes
- Box up the winter clothes, and bring up the t-shirts and shorts (maybe just t-shirts, since it is Wisconsin)
- Start looking for a new dresser and how to rearrange our bedroom
- Get rid of all the junk in our garage. We’ve been slowly dragging junk in there, but need to get it picked up and outta here. I would love to be able to park my car in there again and kick all the critters out.
- Keep working on the basement We’ve also been getting rid of some of the stuff that’s stored in the basement. It will give the kids a place to play and I won’t have to hear their fighting.
- For real celebrate my husband’s birthday
- March for Babies Join us or donate HERE
- Run our first 5K YIkes!
- Stop eating junk food What is it about being sick that makes you want to eat all the cookies?
- Make healthier dinners for the family We’ve been so busy, that I’ve just been using a lot of prepackaged stuff. I want to finally use my Instant Pot at least once a week.
- Keep running So I don’t collapse or embarrass Mr. B at the 5K
- Keep working on more kindness and less yelling
- Get more sleep to cut down on the crabbiness
- Finish my LAST California post
- Write a post for MKE Moms Blog
- Attend a writer’s workshop
- Finish the choreography for my showcase
So, with these goals in mind, I think it’s going to be a great Spring cleaning for our house, our bodies, and our minds.
What do you have planned this month? Have you started Spring cleaning?