March 2019 Goals
I am ready for Spring. Beyond ready. I’ve had enough snow, cold, and sick days to last me until next winter. March 2019 goals are all about wellness, both inside and out.
I’ve gotten a head start on becoming more active by ramping up my steps per day, especially this last week. As I mentioned in this post, 10,000 steps is actually a lot more than I thought it would be.
I’m also in the process of getting my anxiety under control.
Both physical and emotional challenges are hard, but I feel like I’m on my way to feeling better. I want my March 2019 goals to reflect that for both me and my family.
First, lets take a look back at February, and see how I did.
- Finish cleaning out my closet. Ugh. No. I still have half to do.
- Send in a couple of boxes to Thred Up. No. One box is ready, but need to find another and send them both in.
Have some girl time.Yes! I had a Mom’s Night Out with my twin mom’s club.
- Keep working on our basement. No. The only time I’ve been in the basement lately is for laundry. Lots and lots of laundry.
- Have both an adult date and
a family date.No to adult date, but Yes to two family dates. We went to the Hockey game with my twin moms, and to the Buck’s basketball game with The Scouts. Both were lots of fun. We also had a couple of family movie nights and saw the new version of The Grinch and The Nutcracker and The Four Realms.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day!Yes! Even though we didn’t have a date, Valentine’s Day was much better than last year. My boys wrote me sweet cards, and my husband got me beautiful flowers and chocolate. Plus, I got to help out at the twins’ Friendship party, and dance.
- Get more sleep. Not really. Most nights I have been going to sleep earlier, but I consistently wake up at least twice a night, and my kids have been getting up (and being super loud) earlier and earlier.
- Drink more water. No. I haven’t really been keeping track, but I know I can do better.
- Get those 10,000 steps a day. I’m going to give myself a half point here.According to my Fitbit, I’ve averaged 20% more steps this month. I’ve hit 10,000 or more steps at least three times a week, but I want to make it at least 4 times a week. This week has actually been my best with:
- Monday 12,230
- Tuesday 10,088
- Wednesday 10,159
- Thursday 10, 102
Complete my dance student evaluationsYes! Plus, we had an awesome staff meeting. I also added some new students to my classes and an extra class on Saturdays. I’m very excited! Write even moreYes! I wrote about California, My Wellness, Twin Comments, and The Witching Hour. I also did two new Micro Preemie Mondays, which you can read here, and here. I submitted a piece for MKE Moms Blog, and had one published too.
- Stretch more and
practice for our performance pieceNo to the stretching. I want to make it a daily thing, so it’s coming back in March.
Even though I didn’t cross out to many things on my list, I feel like I’ve set myself up for a success this month. We also made it through snow days, Strep Throat, and complete 100 days of school. So, I consider it a win.
Now, on to March 2019 Goals.
March 2019 Goals
- Finish that darn closet
- Get those boxes into Thred-Up
- Celebrate my husband’s birthday
- Go on an adult date
- Go on a family date
- Be kind to each other
- Get 10,000 steps at least 4 out of 7 days a week
- Drink 64 ounces of water a day
- Keep working on my anxiety
- Get active with the family
- Finish up California Blog posts
- Start choreographing dances for our Showcase
- Enjoy my new classes and students
- Stretch every day in preparation for our performance
I’m not getting too complicated or adventurous with my goals this month. It’s all about focusing on getting more active, less anxious, and working on our family dynamic. The boys have been fighting a lot, and us parents don’t have as much patience as we would like.
Being kind to each other is probably the most important goal of the month.
How do you handle fighting in your family? What else do you have planned for the month?
I think you did pretty good over all! I how you break them up into categories! My boys are fighters. Mostly because on is a teenager and the other wishes he was, so they drive each other nuts. I try to let them figure out the small stuff, but every now and then I have to sit them down and make them talk it out. Apologies and explanations are a must. I also try to stop conflicts before they start and before they know what Im doing. When they start arguing, I will call one over to help me with something or ask one to do something on the other side of the house. If that makes sense. Boys! Le sigh!
I think your goals for March are great. I think so often we feel like there has to be some MAJOR thing, but in reality, it’s about coming back to the small things that make us feel our best. It’s hard to hit 10k steps a day! If it weren’t for my new puppy needing to go out 3-4x / day (and therefore 3 flights of stairs each way), I’m not sure I would hit my goal so easily. haha
You did great on your February goals! I really want to work on my health more in March also. I would like to get back to regular exercising, I haven’t been doing so great with that lately.
I definitely need to up my water intake and steps, though it hasn’t been so bad. I definitely could use some warmer weather though. I think you had a nice February!! I hope March is fantastic.
Ya win some, you lose some, but you always manage to get a shit-ton accomplished even if you think you don’t. I don’t imagine your laundry situation will improve as the boys get older, but rather worse. May the force be with you babes! 😉
Get your steps and water intake up this month and do get out for a date with your hunny.
Cheers to a great March my dear. xoxo