April 2018 Goals
Spring is here, and it’s time for April 2018 goals.
OK. So, Mother Nature did NOT get the memo in Wisconsin, since we have snow in the forecast this week. However, I’m not going to let this crazy weather get me down.
We had a great IEP (Individual Education Plan) meeting for the twins, got everyone registered for summer school, and signed Mr. B up for soccer.
We also made it through Little P’s surgery!!!!
I’m so happy he has that behind him, and everything went well. I have a re-cap/update post half-written, and my goal is to get it out tomorrow.
Plus, the twins had a fun Spring party at school, we had a really nice Easter with both sides of the family, and Spring Break has started.
Now, let’s take a look back at the rest of March to see how I did on my goals.
Continue my workouts and waterYES! With the exception of when I was sick (more on that tomorrow!) I was at the gym. Get rid of more STUFFYES!!! I’ve sent already sent in 5 bags to ThredUp (Referral link) and made over $100. Even though it’s not a ton of money, it feels good to get rid of stuff. Plus, they donate whatever isn’t sold.
- Get to sleep No. This was a BIG issue.
Start a ProjectYes! Easter blankets (Tie blankets….that is as crafty as I get!) were made and given. Plus, I did umbrellas instead of baskets, and their big stuffed animal was a clearance item from Valentine’s day. I couldn’t pass them up at $4.99.
Make AppointmentsYes! The twins eye doctor is on the calendar. Mr. B saw ENT. Physical scheduled for me. Still need the mammogram, but will do it with Dr. Get through SurgeryYes! It was stressful, but it’s done! Keep raising money for The March for Babies.Yes!!! We’ve hit $1000! We’re a third of the way there, so we’d appreciate your help. If you’d like to walk with us INDOORS or make a donation, please click here. It’s our 5th walk as a team raising month for The March of Dimes in honor of our babies.
- Write even more. I’ll give this one a half. I wrote this post, and posted a new Preemie post each Monday. I also added a new page to the blog. If you’re interested in sharing an update on your preemie and/or NICU experience, or sharing about being out of the NICU for a few years, please click HERE.
- Dance!Ugh. I mentioned it briefly, but I was sick again. Not only did I have to miss teaching and class for Little P’s surgery, but then getting sick knocked me out of another week. Plus, we were off for Spring Break. This month I’m back to the studios!
Overall, even though March was a stressful month, I still got a lot done. I’m feeling good, both physically and mentally, so here we go April 2018 goals!
April 2018 Goals
It’s another busy month around here, so April 2018 goals are going to be simple, but (I hope!) effective.
- Keep track and make every appointment Between work, working out, volunteering at school, health appointments, writing, and dancing, there’s a lot going on. And that’s just me! I’ve updated our Google Calendar, and I’m also updating my planner.
- Sleep! I failed at this one last month, and my body was not happy. Earlier bedtimes are a MUST.
- Workouts and Water No explanation necessary.
- Finish Raising Money and March for Babies! Our walk takes place on Saturday, April 28th, so we have all month to finish strong. Please consider donation and/or walking with us. Just click HERE We will provide t-shirts to anyone who donates $25 or more, whether you can walk or not.
- Adjust to a more active schedule Mr. B starts soccer this month, and with it comes practice and games. We need to get a good routine going. Plus, between all three boys, they’ve got 4 birthday parties to attend so far.
- Celebrate! My husband’s birthday is coming up later this week. We also are making a day trip out of Penn’s surgery follow-up appointment. I’m going to take everyone to an old college hangout, and I’m hoping it will be warm enough to walk around the campus too.
- Dance! I have to choreograph quite a few dances for my studio’s showcase, and start teaching it soon. I also have my own performance coming up the first weekend in May. Since I missed so much last month, I have some extra practicing to do.
- Write! As I mentioned, I want to share an update on Little P’s surgery. I also want to share some important family decisions we’ve made, and I have an exciting collaboration to talk about. Plus, I’ve been wanting to do an update on my healthy eating and exercise plan. Can you believe it’s been 2 years since I first started it? I hope you’ll come back and read!
I think that will do it. I’m a little tired just reading it. I definitely better go to sleep early tonight!
What are your goals for the month? What fun things do you have planned? Share with me in the comments.