Every year comes with its ups and downs. This year was no different. We experienced many challenges, and sometimes it’s hard to see the good when you’re in that hard spot. But, there were so many things that we are thankful for. That I am thankful for. With the holidays approaching, it’s nice to take some time to reflect on those blessings. So, today, I’m sharing my holiday gratitude list.
No matter what you’ve experienced this year, I hope you get to have at least a little joy and happiness during this season. If you are reading this post, please know that you are a big part of my Holiday Gratitude list.
I’m so thankful for everyone who reads, shares, and comments on this blog.
It makes me so happy to reach other parents experiencing difficult times to let them know they are not alone.
Every week, seeing the faces and sharing the stories of those miracle babies touches my heart. I’m so lucky that families continue to want to share their stories and help me spread awareness.
I also love sharing a little bit about my life with you. It’s not always pretty, and it’s definitely always messy, but it helps me so much to write about it. I hope you enjoy reading it too.
Now, bring on the Holiday Gratitude!!!
Why I’m Grateful
While they may push me to my limits and test my patience, I love my boys and husband with all my heart. I’m very thankful for our family. I’m also very thankful for:
- Health – We’ve had some scares this year, and we still have some challenges to face, but right now everyone is healthy
- Time – With Grandparents, with Cousins, with Aunts and Uncles
- Facebook – Getting to see faces and hear stories from those that live far away
- New and old, close and far away – no matter how often we talk, you always know I love you
- My Twin Moms – Who understand it better than anyone! You are all amazing!!!!
- My Book Club – Going strong after 2 years, and some of the most awesome women I know. Wine, books, and great conversation is the best
- A job that isn’t really a job – Some of the Sweetest Ballerinas, a Gorgeous Studio, a supportive Boss and Team, Beautiful Ballet walks, and All the Magic
- Adult Ballet – Still getting to live out my dreams of being a dancer, and even getting to perform
- Group Exercise – Who knew the Gym would become one of my happy places? Certainly not me!
- Twins that are learning and exceeding my expectations
- A Second Grader who is reading, building, and creating the most amazing things
- Mommy Time!
- Fantastic Teachers – all three boys really lucked out this year. Their teachers are so caring, helpful, and communicative
All the Little Things
While some may seem silly, it’s the smallest things and gestures that get me through the hard days. It’s not just Holiday Gratitude, but everyday gratitude.
- Hugs and kisses (that are sometimes demanded!)
- Hot Showers
- Hot coffee or tea (even if it’s been reheated 3 or 4 times!)
- Music and Singing in the car, in the shower
- Sleeping children
- Pajama days
- Movie nights
- Heating pads
- Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime – both for me and to distract the littles
- New Workout Clothes
- Sore (in a good way) muscles
- Physical Therapy
- Target runs (by myself!)
- Shopping and giving gifts
- A new love for white wine and Prosecco
- New shade of lipstick
- Learning to Swim
- Pictures on the Fridge
- Boys that are SUPER excited for Christmas
On with the Holiday
While I’m filled with Holiday Gratitude, I’m still racing to get everything done before the actual holiday.
Santa, could I have some more time next year? Please?
Happy Holidays to you and your families!!! XXXOOO
What are you thankful for this year? What made your gratitude list?