Time for some Fall goals!
October 1st seems like the perfect time to set some goals for this Fall. With a brand new month, it feels good to wipe the slate clean, and renew motivation.
There has been a lot of talk about the last 90 days on social media. In case you haven’t heard, they are talking about the last 90 days of the year. Instead of waiting until the new year to make some changes, what if you started making those changes now, at the end of the year? Wouldn’t you feel more accomplished?
Personally, I’ve gone back and forth on this. While I think it’s always a great idea to make goals, 90 days is a long time for me. I like to see results faster, which is why I often make monthly goals. However, lately, it’s been hard to get everything done in just one month.
So, I think I’m going to leave it more open ended this time. I’m not going to limit myself to just October. Instead, I’m going to give myself the time I need to get things done…and not be upset if I don’t.
My word of the year was balance, and even into the 10 month of the year, I’m still working on it.
Fall Goals and Fun
Not only do I want to accomplish some goal-related things, but I also want to create that balance by having some fun. I want to spend my time both getting things done and enjoying myself with family and friends. That’s what it’s all about, right?
So, you may see some new stuff on the blog too. I’d like to try a few new ideas, and I hope you’ll like them. Any feedback is always welcome!
Here are my fall goals with some fun thrown in.
- Keep our Family Calendar up-to-date – We have soccer, scouts, school, and work, so I don’t want to miss anything!
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch
- Decorate for Fall – I have tons of decorations in a tub in the basement that never made it out last year.
- Go Trick-or-Treating
- Have a fun school Halloween Party – I’ve volunteered to run a game
- Eat more veggies and fruits – We’ve been doing a lot of quick dinners, and I need to get more good stuff in our diet.
- Celebrate Mr. B’s Birthday!
- Celebrate our wedding anniversary!
- Drink more water
- No eating after 8pm
- Schedule my mammogram
- Keep working hard at the gym
- Send in more clothes to ThredUp
- Write more blog posts – I don’t have a number in mind, but I do have quite a few ideas I’d like to write about.
- Read more books
That should do it for now. I think there’s plenty of room for both work and fun. I hope you have great balance between your fall goals too!
So tell me, what do you have planned? I’d love to hear in the comments below.