March 2018 is here, and I’m definitely ready for this new month. I want more sunshine, less crying, and less stress.
I’m not completely sure the last one will happen. We have some major family events happening, and it’s going to take a lot of focus and deep breaths to get through it. Well, at least for me.
As I’ve mentioned before, I suffer from anxiety and depression. I deal with it and work through it in many different ways, but sometimes life really tests me. This is one of those times.
We have some big decisions to make regarding the boys’ schooling, and it’s been weighing heavily on my mind for quite a while. I’m honestly just ready for a decision to be made. Luckily, it’s happening very, very soon. I’ll be sharing about this next week, after our IEP (Individual Education Plan) meeting tomorrow.
Little P also has surgery mid-month. I haven’t really mentioned it much because I think I’ve been blocking it out. I’m just so worried. It will be the first time he has to be put under anesthesia and intubated since the NICU. I’m going to try to put together more information, and my feelings about this next week.
If we can get through mid-month, I’m hoping the rest will be smooth sailing. Fingers and toes crossed. Good thoughts, vibes, and prayers appreciated.
So, let’s take a look back at February’s goals before sharing my other hopes for the month.
February 2018 Goals
- Get back to eating healthy – I’m only going to give this one a half. Darn that Valentine chocolate.
Get back to the Gym –YES!!! I’m back to 3 times a week. Drink that waterYES! I’ve been drinking a bottle (16 oz.) first thing when I wake up. It makes it a lot easier to get in the rest of the 64 oz during the day. DeclutterThis is a work in progress, but since this post, I’ve sent in 2 more bags to thredUP. It feels so good to get rid of some old clothes! I have three totes that I’ve already went through, and they are just waiting for my next bag to arrive. If you’d like to get rid of some stuff, or are looking for some bargains, just click on my referral link, and you’ll get $10 off your first purchase.
- Keep our schedule straight – We almost succeeded. Mr. B did forget one after school activity because I didn’t remind him. I also forgot to put the twins’ homework in their folder….and we had worked SO HARD on it. However, I totally rocked every school dress-up day for Read Across America Week. And finally got to go on one of Mr. B’s field trips.
Date Night– Yes! We had dinner and saw a dance performance. We also had a family date night at the Circus last weekend. Plus, I got a “Mom’s Night Out” with my twin moms, and even had time to get my hair colored.
- Get back to writing. This gets a half. I did write this POST, which was very emotional for me.
- Start choreographing our Spring Showcase – We haven’t gotten the music yet, so I couldn’t start this one. Next month for sure!
Not too bad. Even though we are still dealing with some behavior issues, and I didn’t get as much done as I wanted, we made it! Right now, that’s good enough for me.
Here we go March 2018.
March 2018 Goals
- Continue my workouts and water – I don’t want to lose momentum
- Get rid of more STUFF – I want to get through all my old clothes, and start working through the boys’ clothes
- Get to sleep – I want to get up earlier, but I still need sleep. So, earlier bedtime it is.
- Start a Project – I’m working on making gifts instead of buying them. I’ve got a plan for Easter.
- Make Appointments – The twins need to see the eye doctor, Mr. B needs to see an ENT, and I need a mammogram.
- Get through Surgery – Help Little P have a successful surgery and recovery. Help Big C cope with being without his twin both during surgery and recovery. Not have a panic attack (this is for me!)
- Keep raising money for The March for Babies. We’ve already raised over $300, but we have a long way to go. If you’d like to walk with us INDOORS or make a donation, please click here. It’s our 5th walk as a team raising month for The March of Dimes in honor of our babies.
- Write even more. Not only do I want to keep sharing with you, but writing is really therapeutic for me. I’ll need the release this month.
- Dance! – Whether it’s with my sweet ballerinas or on my own, I want to be even more present in my classes. I want to leave all my stresses behind and focus on my love of dance.
That is all I can handle (and more!) this month.
I know I asked above, but any spare thoughts and prayers for us will be greatly appreciated.
Have a great month! Please share what you have going on this March 2018 in the comments too.